Author Topic: Visit to Ireland (Rep) and Crufts  (Read 779 times)

Offline carryon

• Site Member
Visit to Ireland (Rep) and Crufts
« on: February 03, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »
Hello,
Well since I am coming over to IE anyway, I bought a ticket to Crufts. I will be in Galway, and Galway offers flights to Birmingham, but guess what, not until the 8th! Gunddog Group day  :'(. Must figure another way to get from Galway to Birmingham (any suggestions welcome).
I've been to IE many times and can drive, though only automatic. We just don't have manual shift here, well now we use them more because of economy. US autos are terrible petrol pigs!
I was wondering if any members know of any good cocker breeders in IE (seriously). Also interested in any info on decendants of Stonemill Forge (Chambers), whether or not there are any folks with Stonemill Forge behind them, or if anyone might know of any dogs there.
After Crufts I can fly back to Galway and stay in IE until St. Patty's (big show in Dublin). And that will be my big adventure this year. I have relatives in Galway Bay area.
Thanks for any help
MegW

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Visit to Ireland (Rep) and Crufts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »
We have Stonemill Forge behind some of our dogs as he was the sire of Stonemill Triways who produced Night Escapade of Lynwater (the dam of the famous Sh Ch Lynwater Dawn Shimmer & Lynwater Sunshade)

Sorry can't help with any info on the Irish scene - there are good breeders over there but they don't show in the UK very often. You could try contacting the breed clubs in Ireland - contact details can be found HERE
Jane

Offline carryon

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »
Thanks again Jane! The Co Limerick looks good. I will give him a ring, I have good calling cheap card!.
Also for the Stonemill info.You must have pictures on your website of your dogs. I have seen picts of Lynwater Dawn Shimmer on
her website. Can you tell I like Orange  :005:
Will you go to Crufts? I just couldnt resist. I'll rent and sleep in a car. Just kidding. Any idea what is close airport besides Birmingham?
Thanks very much. This is a good discussion group!
MegW

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 07:44:01 PM »
Next closest airport I think would be Manchester or Liverpool.  Liverpool also has the advantage of the Ferry port as an alternative? You could then possible hire a car to travel to Birmingham about 1.5 Hours drive, or beg a lift from a Northwest Exhibitor with room in there car ;)

Michelle