Author Topic: Bitcon Troubador  (Read 14364 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Bitcon Troubador
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
Think we're talking at cross purposes here ;) Troubador passed on to the big kennel in the sky several years ago now (he was a good age though).
Jane

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 08:09:49 AM »
That dog definately had a bike! I was reading the mail (as a newbie) and went home to check Whistlers pedigree and yep Bitcon Troubador  is his great grandad mated with Shenmore Starlet to produce Shenmore Sonnet , are the ones at the top of the pedigree sires? If so Shenmore starlet & Freshet Furbar produced Whistlers Dad Castanes Sonneteer.

Dams side Lynwater Isleman with Classicway Colinda produced Classicway moonraker at Rosbercon  mated with True Elihu toproduce his Mum who is Swallowtail Blue moon.

Is this right?

Any realtives recognise these dogs.

Viv & Whistler

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 09:08:59 AM »
Not quite right ;) We owned Shenmore Starlet and she produced Sonnet when mated to Troubador. Sonnet went to live at Castanea where she produced Castanea Sonneteer when mated to Freshet Fubar. Both Starlet and Sonnet are sadly no longer alive but they live on in their progeny :D
Jane

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »
And if I can say so beautifully, they are really healthy dogs. Whistler is one of 9, 7 dogs and 2 bitches and all really lovely. I suppose their is no simplistic way of explaining how a blue roan can be an ancestor of an orange roan, c : can anyone point me to a book?
I am finding all this fascinating stuff.

Viv

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Oska to has Bitcon Troubador as his Great Grandad on Dams side. So another relative here.
He also has Bitcon Moonlight, Bitcon Silver Rebel, Bitcon After Dark and Bitcon Blue Cascade also on Dams side.  That does seem alot of the same gene pool  although they are later GGG Grandparent.

Mistfall rang a bell too so looked at pedigree and Oska has Mistfall Medlar, GG Grandfather, Mistfall Mood Indigo GGG Grandmother.  Can anyone tell me what colour these dogs were please.

Thanks.
sal/Oska
Whistler also has Bitcon moonlight, silver rebel, after dark at shadowlands, blue cascade and of course troubador. then a lot of Helleborus, thunderbug, tango rapsody, teandante, twice as nice,texas ranger,thunderspark and ch okell outward bound anyone know this line?

Viv

Offline Mrs T

• Donator
  • Harry 30/6/94-11/1/10
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
Another website I discovered at the weekend.   It lists British Champions and Show Champions 1948-2004, including colours.

http://www.aones.com/cockers/champions.htm

You will see that Mistfall Mood Indigo was a blue roan.

Good luck with your search.

Phoebe went to the Bridge on 25/11/2012   :luv:

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
Troubador was Maddy's Great, Great Grandad too  :D by the sounds of it perhaps about 90% of our dogs on here are related  :005: that is one heck of a big family  ;) just think of the Xmas card list  :o
He sure was one busy very gorgeous dog looking at his picture.

Offline Vivienne

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
I bet he slept well!

Viv

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »
SH CH BITCON TROUBADOR is Baileys GRT GRT GRT grandad he as also got SH CH BITCON PACIFIC BLUE as well
BAILEY IS A CHOC ROAN ann :luv:
Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »
So has Thomas got bitcon pacific blue ;) and bitcon moonlight memories anyone got photo of her ???????

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 10:34:55 PM »
ETA: Photo removed while checking permission to use

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 10:39:41 PM »
ooh thanks very much i'm doing a photo pedigree thats great when i no who else i need i'll be asking you all thanks again  ;)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 10:56:39 PM »
Boof, have you got permission to post that photo? Sorry to sound nit-picking but unless that's your own photo taken by you, you need permission to post it, specially if it's  taken from a website or a year book.

Thanks ;)
Jane

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
hes also Bibas grt,grt  grandfather busy boy  :luv: and she has shenmore in her ped ,grandfather ,great grandma and grt grt grandma

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 11:19:56 PM »
That dog definately had a bike! I was reading the mail (as a newbie) and went home to check Whistlers pedigree and yep Bitcon Troubador  is his great grandad mated with Shenmore Starlet to produce Shenmore Sonnet , are the ones at the top of the pedigree sires? If so Shenmore starlet & Freshet Furbar produced Whistlers Dad Castanes Sonneteer.

Dams side Lynwater Isleman with Classicway Colinda produced Classicway moonraker at Rosbercon  mated with True Elihu toproduce his Mum who is Swallowtail Blue moon.

Is this right?

Any realtives recognise these dogs.

Viv & Whistler

biba also has troubador and shenmore starlet as her grt,grt grandparents,shenmore seeing stars as her grt grandma and shenmore star voyager as her grandad,and also shenmore star voyager as her grt,grt grandad ,sire side :o