Author Topic: Torrent Download Question  (Read 840 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Torrent Download Question
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »
Hi

I have downloaded the film Notes on a Scandal through UTorrent.

Unlike all other downloads which I have done, which come in as 1 file this has come in as about 45 different 'r' files. Each one is numbered r1, r2 etc etc.

The film had re-code in the Torrent title. I can't work out how to make the film work, there is nothing to click on which starts the film going, all i have is a folder with loads of loose individual files.

HELP PLEASE! I have no idea how to bring these files together to make the film complete and therefore playable - I have tried copying all these files to a dvd through Nero in the hope it would work - it didn't!

Thanks

Jane

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Re: Torrent Download Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
You need Winrar to extract the AVI file. Basically what you have downloaded are RAR files which is the AVI file compressed. You don't need to unzip all the files just click on the first one and choose to extract it to the file where you downloaded the original rar files. You should then have a playable file.

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
thanks Gilly - worked a treat - altho the quality is pretty poor compared to an AVI File

Janey

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
Yeah thats the problem with RAR files, you can't check the quality, unless there is a sample file included in AVI format ;)