Author Topic: Frontpage 2000 help needed!  (Read 847 times)

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
Frontpage 2000 help needed!
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
I am getting in a mess with my frontpage 2000, pls can you help? 

There are 4 things.

I have created a web which is 4 pages.  I have the company logo at the top of each page and a banner, ie home, contact us, news, under each logo.  the thing is when i look at preview they are not across the top page they are both too short and I cannot work out how to stretch them so they go all the way across the top.

Next I am having a problem with my buttons.  I cannot make the text bigger on them, or change the font color for that matter.  I have gone back to my theme, edit text, buttons, etc and I cannot get the bloody thing to work.  I have managed to change the theme background to black but I cannot get the buttons to change.

3rdly i cannot sort out my pictures.  i have copied and pasted my jpgs to the images file in the web.  i have then tried to insert a picture and of course it goes really big.  I then click on the auto thumb nail button and it goes really small.  I then try to resize it, ie get the bottom corner and drag and it goes all pixelated, what am I doing wrong?

and finally, where to put the bit like, cocker, breeder, puppies, particolour etc so that it pics up on google?  It is a fishing site not cockers so i will have things like carp, bait, tackle etc.

I have got my little book out and managed to muddle through most of it but I am now stuck.
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Frontpage 2000 help needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:00:54 AM »
Can't help you with Frontpage I'm afraid as I don't use it but I know there are forums for Frontpage users where you may find the answer to your main problems. Try HERE (there are others but this is the first one I found)

Re the images, you may find it easier to resize them first in an image editing program & then save them to your images folder - I use Paint Shop Pro but there are free programs like Irfanview or Picasa you could use.

I think you're talking about Meta Tags for your Key Words (carp, bait, tackle) which go in the HEAD part of your html but Google doesn't actually pay much attention to those anymore. You'll find lots of info on submitting your site to Google and getting a good ranking HERE

Jane

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »
I use Frontpage 2003 so it's slightly different to 2000, althought I have used 2000 in the past.  I must admit I found the templates built in rather limiting which is probably why your having trouble changing the theme. To be honest, getting the template right it the most important part, wish I could help but I can't remember much of FP 2000  :-\

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »
Thank you.  I have muddled through everything other than my banners.  I cannot stretch them!  Think I am going to have to start again from scratch!  Arghhhh
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!