Author Topic: When you go out for walks...  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: When you go out for walks...
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 11:37:38 PM »
At first I bought a coat (not at all trendy  ph34r) with loads of pockets, a pocket for everything  ::) another coat has 2 pockets which everything gets squeezed in but like you say when its just t.shirt what do you do?
Max knows the bum bag is his, we use it for training too

Is there any left mum?
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline PennyB

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:48 AM »
I take bumbags or larger bags depending on the length of the walk --- longer walks always involve water for me and them (plus spare leads, flashing bike lights and their flashing collars just in case, wipes, food/chocolate for me, light waterproofs, money and credit card for emergencies!). Obviously at this age walks are short.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »
I had thought of a bum bag and couldn't find one anywhere.  My local PAH did not have any, nor offered to get any either.  However, in the centre of Peterborough I found a store called, "Bags".  It stocked everything from very expensive leather Gladstones to naff nylon bum bags for £3.49 - which are just perfect for dog walking!  Not sure if this is a nationwide store and I felt quite mean only spending less than £5 with them, but immensely pleased to have found the perfect dog walking bum bag.  Great for training too, with two little pockets for "treats".

Failing a nationwide "Bags" store, my next place would have been Boots travel section, where they sell blow up pillows etc for flights.

Good luck!

Potter

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:44 PM »
We bought the dog rucksack when we were at Crufts, it has space for all your doggie needs, it even has a washable dog poo bag, by that I mean a washable bag to put your dog poo bag into!!! It even has a pocket for your mobile phone and keys :D

Here's a link for the site that sell them www.paws4designs.co.uk

Have to admit I was happy having full pockets, my daughter talked me into buying the bag, but it is good, and the poo bags that come with it are even big enough for us giant dog owners :D

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 10:30:57 PM »
I have different size bum bags for different walks - my in-laws bring them back from the US for me when they go on holiday - so they are not bum bags, but fanny pouches  :lol:

You've reminded me of when Oh & I were in mexico sat at the pool bar, there were some Americans sat next to us and one of them shouted to her Oh "can you pass me my fanny pack"  :lol: :lol: OH & I both looked at each other and peed our sides  :rofl1: :rofl1: we were both a bit tipsy. Was just one of those moments that was so funny  :005:

I am gonna go and remind him of it in a minute  :005:

What's that they say about small things amusing small minds  :005:

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »
Yes, I have got a bum bag (from Lidl) that takes toys, poo bags, treats and even a water bottle. Much better than having to look for everything before each walk.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline drea

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »
Hi all
 Reading this post made me think where am i going to put things when we go for a walk :huh: I know it is a while off yet about a month before we venture out.  have bring merlin home first  :luv: then get him vaccinated but It is something I will have to get for when we go out and a bum bag seem a great option for leaving your hands free when on walkies. so had a look on ebay and they have loads of different types on there
 http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=bum+bag so think I will get one of them for when we do go out

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 02:08:55 AM »
Okay guys, "bum bag" sounds a lot funnier to me than what we call them in Canada-->"fanny packs"  :005: :005: :P  Well I have one of those too, but I got it at a jogging store and it's actually for holding a CD player which noone uses anymore anyways.  It comes with a plastic bottle for water and is just the right size for my stuff!
Bailey and Mom