Author Topic: see, speak, surf - sky  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Re: see, speak, surf - sky
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »
No, I'm still on piddly dial up which is why I was looking at the Sky package.  ;) :D

I took out the Option 2 when it was talk for up to an hour free, I believe they then later introduced a 5p call levy?

I just wonder if in the long run I'd be any better off :dunno:

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »
michele you're way out of date. I think your on bt tog local calls which is ancient. option 1 will give you eve weekend for 5.5p for up to an hour. opt 2 is best if you make loads of quick short calls but work it out like this.....it's 3.95 for opt 2 so divide that by 5.5p which is around 70 so if you make more than 70 calls in eve n weekends opt 2 is for you. how much you paying for dial up?! its usually not much if any cheaper than broadband to be honest. for example our dial up is £15.99 a month and bb (without discounts and special offers which you will get as a new customer) our broadband is normally 17/18.99 and at the mo new customers get it for 8.95 for first 6 months, opt1 basic package which would prob do you if your not dowwnloading music n videos loads.
not overweight, just under tall

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »
We're with BT for t'internet. Think it's one of the big packages though of unlimited download as we download a lot of stuff and OH plays online games  ::)

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 11:21:57 PM »
Think it's one of the big packages though of unlimited download as we download a lot of stuff and OH plays online games  ::)
Jan do you know how many GB playing on line games counts as? IYKWIM. We have unlimited download at the minute, but we were thinking of swapping to the Sky package which only allows 40 GB. Now my son informs me his X Box Live is classed as a download, but we have no idea how much it uses.  :-\   

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »
Think it's one of the big packages though of unlimited download as we download a lot of stuff and OH plays online games  ::)
Jan do you know how many GB playing on line games counts as? IYKWIM. We have unlimited download at the minute, but we were thinking of swapping to the Sky package which only allows 40 GB. Now my son informs me his X Box Live is classed as a download, but we have no idea how much it uses.  :-\   

Oh said he wouldn't risk it with x box live with only 40GB, he said stick to the unlimited , otherwise if you find you are struggling with the 40gb you're stuck with sky contract for 12 mths  :-\

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »
Thanks Jan.  :D Looks like son is about to have his rent increased to pay for the upgrade to the unlimited download package then.  ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 11:29:57 PM »
Thanks Jan.  :D Looks like son is about to have his rent increased to pay for the upgrade to the unlimited download package then.  ;)

:lol: oops I won't be popular then  :lol:

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 11:36:27 PM »
as far as I know, online gaming uses a fair bit, I'd def go for an unlimited package if he plays it a lot. Regardless of which company you get it from. Also look at fair usage policies whne deciding. most providers have websites so really scrutinise the small print. I'm not allowed to denigrade other companies so can't name names but some are shocking and will not let you leave by leaving markers or tags on your line and it can be a real problem getting these removed. Read carefully and ask loads of questions before you agree to anything with broadband. If you call then write down what they told you and who you are speaking to. Also time and date of your call helps if any future arguements arise. I deal with customer complaints around this every day so I strongly advise you go through things thoroughly.

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »
as far as I know, online gaming uses a fair bit, I'd def go for an unlimited package if he plays it a lot. ...... I'm not allowed to denigrade other companies so can't name names but some are shocking
Thanks for that.  :D

And just to name a name:  :005:

My brother had his broadband supplied by Orange. It was supposed to be unlimited.  ::)

He's just been cut off, because they say he downloaded too much. So obviously Orange unlimited, isn't really unlimited at all.  >:(

Offline kazzcarr

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 11:46:11 PM »
oh and if anyone is considering ordering bb from bt, do it on line for option 1 and 2 as equipment is free or call in if your having problems ordering on line and we will honour the online prices for equipment. And sorry to original poster I seem to have hijacked this a bit. I've got my telly from sky though does that redeem me?
Kazza

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
but some are shocking and will not let you leave by leaving markers or tags on your line and it can be a real problem getting these removed.

We had terrible terrible service from Orange & they did this to us!  >:D