Author Topic: Claiming insurance query  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
Claiming insurance query
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:52:53 PM »
Can anyone tell if you can claim have to claim there and then or if you can back claim? Wherry is currently insured under the KC, I did it when we got her then discovered the OH's family has an account that pays all our bills but I kept it going for the third party aspect. In her 18 months Wherry has broken her toe, eatent rat poisen, been through tests on her feet and lgs (which turned out to be anixety) and todays nail bed infection and treatment. I've ever claimed, mostly because i'm stupid and unorganised. Although we haven't personally paid out for treatment I have paid over £350 for the insurance so I feel I should claim. Could I claim now for the earlier incidents or just the recent one? Obviously I should phone the insurers and ask but I know i'll forget and take ages to do it so I thought i'd ask if any of you may know. Thanks
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline PennyB

Re: Claiming insurance query
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 12:29:10 AM »
You have to read the small print as every insurance is different.

Also, is the insurance now in a different name, ie yours. If it is then it may be a case of considering the policy as new therefore certain things that happened in the past are treated as existing ailments and therefore may not pay out anyway.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 12:59:20 AM »
Thanks, I searched out the policy and it says 180 days in most circumstances is the limit. I remember now why I couldn't do it previously, it's because the insurance in in my OH's name. I pay but it is in his name so they wouldn't deal with me. I was also told that if I wanted to cancel payment, he would have to write to them. I managed to get a claim form which I gave to him to pass in. (He works at least 6-6 seven days a week and at the moment he is in untill 9-10, I can't dial out on the home phone as it is in his name and he needs to call BT  ::) such a pain)

I suppose it's not the done thng but I shall have him claim and then swap over to a different insurer as I don't need to be paying £23 a month to essentially cover her third party.
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
Be careful about changing your policy.

Anything Wherry has been treated or investigated for up to now will be considered a pre-existing condition and will, therefore, not be covered by a new policy.