Author Topic: My Mum  (Read 939 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
My Mum
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »
The anniversary is drawing closer and closer.  On December 16th last year, we celebrated your 80th birthday Mum.  We had such a lovely day and I carry the photograph I took of you that day with me everywhere.  The smile on your face when you opened your presents was lovely.
Then we had Christmas and you were a bit quiet.  Then you were ill and even though you didn't want to go into hospital, the time came when you had to.
You had Pneumonia and you amazed the doctors with your willpower and strength.  When your blood pressure was so low they thought you could not still be conscious, you were ticking the doctors off and joking with the nurses.
Then came the awful day when the doctors called us all in to tell us that you had the hospital "super bug" and you were not going to make it.  I didn't want to accept it, but I knew I had to because I could see you were slipping away.  Three long days and nights later and although you were no longer conscious I am sure you could hear us and you knew we were there.
Then on January 26th you left us to join Dad and your best friend who had gone before you. 
I miss you every single day mum, and cannot even think of Christmas without you.
But we have to go on because that is what you would have wanted.  So we will celebrate Christmas and miss you even more - but I know the time will come when I can think of you without crying - I just wish it would hurry up and arrive.
I know that you will be looking out for all our dogs who have gone to Rainbow Bridge and all the ones you lost when you were young.  Bet your airedales love our little ones!
See you mum, miss you more than I can ever say.
All my love forever.

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(