Author Topic: Toilet or dig? that is the question!  (Read 704 times)

Offline Ripley

• Site Member
  • Wassn't me!
Toilet or dig? that is the question!
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:33:28 PM »
I thought I'd ask if anybody has the same problem as we do & if so, what do you do to stop it?
Alfie likes to let you know that he needs to go out for wee by scratching the door but recently when we let him out he just wants to dig >:(. You never know if he needs to go or he's playing you ::). We try to gauge this by the rough amount of time since his last wee but when I called his bluff, he pee'd by the door  ph34r It makes no difference if you supervise him or not, he'll dig anyway & is sometimes a pest to get back in again. He doesn't do it every time & it's not like he needs to wee often but it is annoying when he does it. He gets plenty of exercise & stimulation with walks, games & training so I'm not sure what it's about but my garden is wrecked :o
Maybe we're not doing the right things to amuse him  :lol:

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: Toilet or dig? that is the question!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »
I think its a cocker thing this digging for England. we just gave up and had the lawn slabbed over or someone was going to break a leg down one of the numerous holes(we ran out of  flowerpots to cover them). one consolation, no more mowing
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Elmo

• Site Member
Re: Toilet or dig? that is the question!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »
You could try taking him out on his lead so if he isnt needing the loo he doesnt get to play/dig up the garden and he will soon realise it is pointless asking out unless he wants the toilet.

my boy has never ever attempted to dig and we have loads of grass and flower beds. Trample the flowers ....YES :005: