Author Topic: clipped  (Read 1772 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
clipped
« on: February 29, 2004, 02:44:39 PM »
Hi all :D

As i've had a problem not wanting to leave Blue, leaving him at the groomers for 4 hours to be stripped wasn't an option for me and so I chose to have him clipped by a lovely groomer who comes to my home.

He's quite short around his body but still has his top knot and feathering to his legs and tummy.

Although he always looks smart, after going to the lancashire show and seeing lots of other cockers i would quite like Blue to grow some length to the hair on his body.

I'm hoping that it wont grow back too unruly and was told that a coat king would help? not knowing anything about a coat king i would appreciate any advise anyoneone could give on the benifits of using one, or would it be better for me to use thinning scissors?                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
clipped
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 08:40:43 PM »
Hi Maria,

I bought a coat king to use on Millie, and then decided (after I decided to show her) that it wouldn't be best for me, so I started hand stripping (my thumb and finger have never been the same since!! :D :D)
Check out these threads on Coat Kings ...

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=2627

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=2153

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=2704

Hopefully they should be of some help to you :)

Kel
x                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Michele

• Site Member
clipped
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 08:47:19 PM »
Hi Maria,
A lot will depend on how many times you have had Blue clipped, his age  and whether he is neutered or not. These all can have an effect on the coat, to a greater or lesser degree. :?
If you want to use a Coat King then the one with 26 teeth is best for a cocker. It will take out a lot of dead coat but doesn't always 'flatten' any flicks or curls. This is where you might have to use your thinning scissors. Perhaps you could have a word with the groomer who comes to your house (does she have a Coat King?) and between you, you may get Blue looking a little more natural  :D                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
clipped
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 11:35:48 AM »
Hi Maria,
A lot will depend on how many times you have had Blue clipped, his age  and whether he is neutered or not. These all can have an effect on the coat, to a greater or lesser degree  :D

Hi Michele, :D

Blue has been clipped three times, he will be a year old on the 5th of this month :wink:  and he is not neutered.

Do you think it's worth me giving it a go?                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
clipped
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 09:39:03 AM »
It also depends on how short it was clipped  :!:                    
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
clipped
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 09:56:25 AM »
Quite short to his back and sides, i'd say a No.2 in hairdressing terms. :?                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
clipped
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 10:28:59 PM »
You could give it a try Maria, after all you've got nothing to lose  :D  :wink:                    

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
clipped
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 08:13:45 PM »
Thankyou all for the advise and as you say Michele I've nothing to lose so i'm going to give it a go :D                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx