Author Topic: Dont know if anyone can help with this problem?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
Dont know if anyone can help with this problem?
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »
I'm on line at the moment but for some reason I keep getting disconnected it's been happening for a while now and i don't know how to resolve it and I'm not sure if it's my PC or ISP if it's my ISP I am reluctant to ring them as we've had no end of trouble since being with them last September, they really don't seem to know what they are doing and we can't wait for our contract to end. I hope it's something with my PC and i have to tick something or other.HELLLP!

Sometimes (most times)  when I try to go on line it says I'm working off line and to go into tools and untick, which I do, I try again and the same thing is asked and again working off line is ticked so I untick it and still can't get on after several attempts and leaving it for a while I can sometimes get on.
When I am on (eventually) it will after a while take me off line and won't let me visit sites as it then say's I'm working off line and then i'm back to where I started again >:D

I'm hoping this makes sense to someone and they can help me sort it.
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Dont know if anyone can help with this problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:38:39 PM »
Is it a wireless connection Lyn? Could be a bit out of range to the router or something interfering with the signal  :-\ We have a similar problem with the laptop sometimes, usually if we're just at the outer edge of the range.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
Thanks Jenny ;)
but no it's not a wireless connection it's the main PC with all my things on and set up how I like it IYKWIM .... funnily enough when I have used my laptop (wireless) I never noticed the problem, though I don't use it that much as I can't seem to get on with it as well and it has a fault so has to go back to the shop for a check- up (inside it's warrentry) when i get round to it ::)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
Have you tried rebooting both the router and the modem? (I mean taking the mains cable and ethernet cable out and then putting them back in?)

If this works then try one or the other...we found out modem was faulty (from VM) and had to call them out - they replaced the power lead and all has been well since....

Janey

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »
If you look in Internet Explorers settings for Tools> Internet Options> Connections is 'never dial a dial a connection' ticked?

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »
If you look in Internet Explorers settings for Tools> Internet Options> Connections is 'never dial a dial a connection' ticked?

is that in internet options ... if so its on ' dial whenever a connection network is not present'  not sure if I'm looking in the right place,

the other options are 'never dial a connection' or 'always dial my default connection' what one should it be on.

Thanks in advance

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 05:54:12 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help and especially to Stueymac who seemed to understand my gobbledegook way of explaining it. 

I have ticked 'never dial a connection' and it seems to have done the trick ( touch wood ) ... I dunno something that easy causing such a problem and OH was going to call a man out ::) .... COL is amazing :D.
I was going to donate to COL and I definitely will be doing so now

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »
Pleased it worked, it's one of those windows 'bugs' which creeps in often, there is also a registry fix for it but keep an eye on it first to see if it happens again, it probably will at some point.