Author Topic: New Computer - no emails - HELP PLEASE  (Read 836 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
New Computer - no emails - HELP PLEASE
« on: March 23, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
We got a new computer yesterday and our 20 year old son has managed to set it all up (with a little help from the helpline!) but I am very uncertain about my emails.
I am with blueyonder and when I log in it says I have nothing in my inbox, nothing in my outbox, no deleted messages and no addresses - so I seem to have lost everything!
What do I do?  (Apart from plugging the old computer in each time I want to check my emails  :005: :005: :005:)
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
Re: New Computer - no emails - HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:15:23 AM »
I'll have a word with Richard when he gets out of bed for you Penny

If your emails are not showing then the service you use must download to your computer. They will need to be copied from your old one.
You do this by looking in microsoft help on one of the computers and following what they tell you to do. HTH RIchard
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Re: New Computer - no emails - HELP PLEASE
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:26:02 AM »
You need to back up Outlook Express - if that's what you use for e.mails.

I bought a new PC a few weeks ago and here's what you need to do.  You can use a CD for this. http://www.pchell.com/support/backupoe.shtml