Author Topic: norton  (Read 1373 times)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
norton
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:15:46 PM »
Just renewed our subscription with norton for desktop. Daughter has laptop which came with norton on but is running out soon. Can I run norton on her lappy as well as our desktop? If not what do people recommend. Thanks.

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Re: norton
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 02:40:19 PM »
I think Norton is overpriced.

Id download AVG Anti Virus - its free and can be downloaded off t'internet. Its better, less memory hungary and easy to use.

I also have AVG Anti Spyware - also free and another spyware program called Super Antispyware. They all find different things so I run them all pretty regularly.

Janey

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 03:47:06 PM »
Did you download from their website, or did you buy the disc?  If you have the disc you can use for up to 3 pcs.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
Jayney is right

Dont do it - why pay for norton when you can download AVG for free?

AVG is a superb piece of software that will allow your pc to run much faster, will not take over your pc like norton does, will be as good if not better than norton at detecting and fixing any virus intrusion and will sit quietly in the background.

I have removed norton and replaced it with AVG on friends, neighbors and colleagues pc's , frankly it beggers belief that norton still survives as a product, i know loads of people who have changed to AVG and without exception have nothing but praise for it.

Download AVG HERE

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:17:19 PM »
Just renewed our subscription with norton for desktop. Daughter has laptop which came with norton on but is running out soon. Can I run norton on her lappy as well as our desktop? If not what do people recommend. Thanks.

I had major problems with norton, it took ages to get rid of a virus that had attached itself to norton, slowed down my pc almost to a stop.

I download AVG free, its the best I've found so far.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi

Offline ellie doodle

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »
Intersted in getting rid of Norton, but I'm not very techno babe ish! I use windows Vista, would I just uninstall Norton then download AVG immediately? Can it clash with other programmes? Is it really as easy as it sounds? Cheers!

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
Intersted in getting rid of Norton, but I'm not very techno babe ish! I use windows Vista, would I just uninstall Norton then download AVG immediately? Can it clash with other programmes? Is it really as easy as it sounds? Cheers!

Yep thats fine - remove norton and all its components and then download AVG from the Grisoft website.....

Easy Peasy!!

Janey

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:53:01 PM »
I have had AVL free for a year and is due to expire and it has came up as a renewal for £39.99 Please how do you get another free year. JOAN
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »