Author Topic: My Dad  (Read 1361 times)

Offline sooze

My Dad
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
It would have been my Dad's 77th birthday today - sadly, he died on Christmas Day  (5 months ago) and I am feeling a bit isolated .... my Mum has Alzheimers and although I spoke to her today, she hasn't a clue what the date means to me/us .... I'm glad in a way because she felt such pain when he suddenly went, as I did, but I still feel him with me sometimes, mostly when things get tough and he was such a joker really ....  He loved his dogs, and they loved him to bits and he gave me my love of all animals ....  I just want him to know that I am thinking of him and all the good times we shared, and I know that all the animals we cared for (especially the dogs) are waiting at the other side of the rainbow bridge, and he is with them .... :(

Offline folly_girl

Re: My Dad
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
Hi,

I wanted to write to you as I know how you feel. My Dad died on November 22nd and I still miss him every day. I still can't believe that i won't see him again (at least for a while) and I miss his smile and his laugh.
My Mum has recently got a cocker puppy to keep her company and she is enjoying having some life around in her house. She is already cuddling Cocoa all the time and although she worries like a new Mum, it's lovely for her to have the puppy.
I don't think you ever get over losing a parent no matter how old you are, but be glad about the good memories you have together and treasure them.

folly_girl