Author Topic: iPod help please.  (Read 1417 times)

Offline loujo

• Site Member
iPod help please.
« on: June 19, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
I got a new laptop last month as other 1 broke.  Yesterday I installed iTunes which is fine but it will not let me connect to the iTunes store so I can't authorise my iPod on this laptop and cannot buy or listen to any music.  Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

Thank you  :blink:
Louise xxx
(and Robbie 10yrs old and Alfie 7yrs old)

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
Re: iPod help please.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »
I don't have an iTunes account, but do the have a 'contact us' link on the website? Or can the store you bought the computer help?
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline mharriss

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 11:55:27 AM »
I had exactly the same problem last week.  When I tried the next day it did work so think it was a problem with the Apple site.  Is your last computer completely broke??  Can you get on it to back up your ITunes??  You may need a few discs dependant on how much you have.  Another thing try plugging your IPod into the new laptop if I remember rightly it asks if you want to authorise that computer too.  Then it does give you the oppurtunity once you are in your ITunes account to add your purchased music to the IPod - be careful though because it wont add the stuff that you downloaded from CDs ie the whole of your library.  In the end I used my back up discs and it was really easy to do.  You may also find that the new computer virus system is stopping access to the site that may be worth checking into.  turn off you virus software temporarily and see if that works.  Remember to put it back on though.  Not a whizz on computers but have a bit of experience with the whole IPod thing. 
Good luck - keep me posted on how you do. ;)

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »
Hi mhariss

Thanks for the advice, it worked!  It was my anti-virus that was stoppoing me connecting to the iTunes store.  Thanks again  ;)
Louise xxx

Offline mharriss

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »
You are welcome - glad all sorted!!  Cannot do without the IPod!!  :005: Enjoy!

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »
1 more question.

When I switch my anti-virus back on it doesn't let me connect to iTunes, will I just have to switch anti-virus off and on when I want to use iTunes or is there something else I could do?
Louise xxx

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:27:53 PM »
Think you have to tell anti virus / firewall to allow you to use that site, dunno how you customise the setting thou :embarassed: cos OH deals with pooter stuff
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 09:30:37 AM »
My new laptop is a MacBook and if anyone ever considers one - they are great and so easy to use with iTunes.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline mharriss

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
You will have to tell the virus software to let it allow ITunes.  Mine actually asks me if i want to allow.  But you may need to just switch it on and off for the time being.  I will ask my IT young man tomorrow when I see him as not sure the answer to this.  Unless of course you have worked it out??

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
You will have to tell the virus software to let it allow ITunes.  Mine actually asks me if i want to allow.  But you may need to just switch it on and off for the time being.  I will ask my IT young man tomorrow when I see him as not sure the answer to this.  Unless of course you have worked it out??

Hi

Only just seen your post.  I managed to work out which part of my anti-virus I switch off to let iTunes work, so will just switch it on and off because I can't get it just to allow iTunes.  Thanks for the help  :D
Louise xxx