Author Topic: Black/White Cockers  (Read 4213 times)

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: Black/White Cockers
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
Fank yoo, iz black and white ticked my mum woz orinj roan and my dad woz blue roan

Flo :luv:

jarbaha

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 07:45:06 AM »
i have a balck & white too.
his dad was a blue roan and his mum was a blue roan and tan.
and in his litter there were 3 black and whites, 2 blue roan and a chocolate and white

here is my black and white- harley  :luv:

Offline Alpaklukka

• www.123.is/anja
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
My Bitch 'Morgana's Dad was Black and her mum was Blue Roan, so as you can see she is black with slight Blue Roan markings on her chest and nose. Her babies that she had with a Red male where some Black and some Red.

Is it ok that she has those light blue roan markings?  I mean in regarding to shows.  We have a blue roan bitch and have been offered a black solid male, I've been thinking about the chances of color flaws.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »
I don't show her, so don't think of it as a flaw. It's just origanal. There is a lot more to it than just the colours of the parents. The genetics go way back and it is very complicated. I'm sure there were red roans in her litter as well if I remember correctly and mum was Blue roan and dad was Black. It needs to be looked into carefully.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
i must try a get a picture of  George up at the weekend, he is black and white ticked, so is his brother and sister who also share the same half white ear, their mum was  an orange roan and i believe dad was a dark blue roan, his other sister is a lovely blue roan, all live locally( there were 4 in the litter)