Cocker Specific Discussion > Health

worming

(1/3) > >>

joanne:
Hi everyone.

Jenna is a little out of sorts today.  The vet gave us some worming powder to add to her meals yesterday and each time she has been sick.  (two sachets twice a day).

I was using the 'four seasons' homeopathic remedy but he told me to stay away from this as it was so gentle it wouldn't work.

Anybody else had this problem  (or rather their dog. ;D)                    

*Jay*:
Has Jenna vomited up worms? If not and she has just been sick, then the sachets obviously don't agree with her. It's really a case of trial and error as to what her stomach will tolerate. If she kept the sachets down for a few hours then they should have had time to take effect so I wouldn't worry too much. If not, then you should get an alternative treatment if she is suspected of having worms. In future, I would probably use another product. Neither of my dogs are sick on their respective treatments but there have been many who phone the surgery to say that their pet has been sick with whatever worming treatment they have been given - switching products usually does the trick.                    

joanne:
thanks Gill

I phoned the vets and they gave me a pill for Jenna to take which she hasn't had any reaction to yet.  She must have a sensitive tum!                    

stueymac:
Hi Joanne, you should find the tablets do the trick. Our two were usually sick with the powders but never have any problems with the tablets.                    

LouiseH:
You can also get the puppy paste now for the little 'uns which is better on the tums than the powder and you can make sure it ALL goes down  ;D

But for the bigger ones mine are fine on the powder, better taken in beef mince or mashed chicken and gravy  :)

Hope all is ok now with the little one.                    

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version