Author Topic: Petplan insurance - Covered for life budget or supreme plan?  (Read 4615 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
Re: Petplan insurance - Covered for life budget or supreme plan?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
I was considering self insuring but have chickened out  ph34r  I have let my Healthy Pets policy run to give me a little bit more time to look into it (been busy with work so havent given it the time that I should have done  :-\

Got a quote tonight with Greenbee & it is much cheaper and it is with AXA who I want to be with. 

I have worked in the insurance industry for 20 years  and have never heard of the underwriter who is now writing the Healthy Pets policy  :o 

I'm going with Greenbee when this months cover expires (I pay by DD)   cover seems very good  :D  so thanks for the intro  ;)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »
I am sure people probably know but one thing the Greenbee chap reminded me was that you can't claim for the first 14 days of the plan so to start the Greenbee one 2 weeks before your old insurance plan runs out.

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline superscot

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 11:07:37 PM »
Just set ours up on line and policy details will be sent out inside 5 days and half the price of Petplan 

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:15 PM »
I just received a quote from Greenbee! £22.16 per month for both! (I am currently paying £16.39 for both with Healthy Pets)

Noticed this though -

Please be aware that the following will not be covered by this policy:

* Pre-existing conditions

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline PennyB

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
I just received a quote from Greenbee! £22.16 per month for both! (I am currently paying £16.39 for both with Healthy Pets)

Noticed this though -

Please be aware that the following will not be covered by this policy:

* Pre-existing conditions

that's the same with any insurance policy though which is why sometimes you end up staying with one for longer than you want to
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
Oh......I did not know this...... ::)

Ignore me!!!  :embarassed: :lol2:

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
I have just had my healthy pets renewal through, it has gone up from £12.36 a month (gold cover) to £18.18 >:(
It does say the underwriters are no longer AXA but AmTrust International.
I just got a quote with Greenbee , monthly payments for a higher level of cover £13.12, no prizes for guessing who i'll be renewing with! :D
The difference in excess is £100 with Greenbee and £65 with healthy pets.

Offline Astridx

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »
Can I just ask are all of the COL'ers who are looking for better deals owners of completely healthy dogs?

The reason I ask is while I have never made a claim for Lottie (2 years old) nor has she had an illness she has had treatment for diawotsits ('cos of eating something unmentionable  ::)) which cleared up within a couple of days.  My vet tells me that a new insurance provider will more then likely exclude her from full cover for any stomach related problems.  I now feel like I'm stuck with Petplan.

I have noticed that a lot of people shop around, and quite rightly too, but are you not worried that new insurers will not cover any future ailments wether they are related or not?  Don't mean to highjack the thread but I believe it is related to the OP.

Ax
Lottie and Astrid

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »
The insurer will tell you at the start what conditions are not covered, once they have the medical history!

And yes, it may well be possible that they will exclude any stomach related conditions for your dog...  :-\

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »
Can I just ask are all of the COL'ers who are looking for better deals owners of completely healthy dogs?

The reason I ask is while I have never made a claim for Lottie (2 years old) nor has she had an illness she has had treatment for diawotsits ('cos of eating something unmentionable  ::)) which cleared up within a couple of days.  My vet tells me that a new insurance provider will more then likely exclude her from full cover for any stomach related problems.  I now feel like I'm stuck with Petplan.

I have noticed that a lot of people shop around, and quite rightly too, but are you not worried that new insurers will not cover any future ailments wether they are related or not?  Don't mean to highjack the thread but I believe it is related to the OP.

Ax

Fortunately Maisy has never been ill, it would seem unreasonable for them to exclude stomach related conditions in your circumstances. I would definitely ring them. I'd be interested in what Greenbee would say.

Offline pip1965

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
We are just about to get our puppy and have started to look into Pet insurance,we are quite attracted to the Greenbee one did any of you actually go ahead and also did anyone get to the bottom of why it comes out cheaper.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
Ive got the Greenbee one, and I dont think there is a catch - I rang and asked every question I could think of to make sure I wasnt misreading the info.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline pip1965

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
Thanks stuffster thats really helpful,there is so much to think of  and I was worried that I wouldn't ask the right questions given that this is our first puppy.

By the way I am looking forward to the first Suffolk meet whe I can bring the puppy along  and meet everyone in real life!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »

Ax

My two have had a range of treatment, some claimed for, some not, and I know they would be subject to a range of exclusions if I changed policies now  ;)  Molo had investigations for dry-eye, the tests were negative and the problem was subsequently diagnosed as hay fever - but some insurance companies I have asked would exclude any subsequent eye conditions  ::)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club