Author Topic: What do you think about sables?  (Read 9021 times)

Offline Maddox

• Saltire Cocker Spaniels
Re: What do you think about sables?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 07:56:20 AM »
Yes, this dog was one of the best sables ever bred i think. It's Quo Vadis vom Heidebusch, a son of Squier's Little Surpise. He was World Winner 1991 and German Champion - the first very successfull sable in the country. He sired a lot of puppies here.

Offline Mazame

• Site Member
    • ECS de Mazamé
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 07:09:52 AM »
all of them are going back to Squier's Little Surprise and Elmbury Cinnamon Tail! Why were the puppies killed?

I don't know the reason why some of them were killed but I suppose this colour was not appreciated 20 or 30 years ago. Conformation ? Pups who wouldn't be sold ?
Cassandre, Julie, Gala, Filibert and Pupuce.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
I wasn't a fan at all when I first saw them but a good while back now, a member posted a pic of their dog that I think was classed as a blue sable? (or something along those lines!) and he absolutely took my breath away...the most stunning dog I think I've ever seen. 
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline heelers n cockers

• Site Member
  • Freddy Flashback-BIS Colne Valley '09 & RBIS '10
    • Moonwillow Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »
i like the look of the sables(both parti and solid) would really love a choc sable but i know i would never do well with one, i have a light choc roan and a black/tan and they are really hard to get noticed with! even though they are good examples! :shades:
Cocker Spaniels leave their pawprints on your heart......
Lancashire Heelers however.....leave their teethmarks on your trousers!

Champagne for my real friends...Real pain for my sham friends....

http://moonwillowcockerspaniels.piczo.com

Offline Bugatti

• Naïstima's
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »
I'm not "against" sables but don't believe it's ever good for a breed when any breeders start breeding purely for colour, especially when some then start marketing the pups as "rare" or "new" and asking high prices for them ph34r When this happens, it won't be long before the puppy farmers sit up and take notice of this new money making opportunity & try to get hold of sables to breed from >:(

I wouldn't say it better, we have very few sable here in France, with very poor quality except their color (as far as it could be a quality....) but sold at a so expensive price that it is a shame (and now liver is a trendy color, with exactly the same problems)