Author Topic: help re pet insurance  (Read 1755 times)

Offline rubyrules

• 0ur beautiful bundle of fun, R.I.P 30/5/2019
help re pet insurance
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »
Hi, I have had ruby's pet insurance renewal through with Pet Plan and the annual premium is £392, which I think seems very expensive  :o I want a good insurance cover which will cover her to her old age and was wondering who you colers have yours with.  Also, does this seem expensive to you?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, thought it was more health related than general discussion.
We have not had to claim on the policy since it was taken last year, which I am very happy about  :D but despite that it has increased by £80  >:D
Ruby our 1st cocker baby 10/5/2008 - 30/5/2019. You gave us so much, we are so lucky to have shared our lives with you. Run free sweet girl,  until we hold you again  xx

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: help re pet insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »
PetPlan is probably the best policy around but is also expensive because of it. No way could I afford it with 4 dogs so i go for a cheaper one but still with lifetime cover. Shop around and look at tesco, halifax, healthy pets etc. Do a search on the forum for insurance too for some tips.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Ok I know I say this all the time, but try Greenbee. Ive now had to claim over £4000 for all Alfies' treatment, and I seriously cannot believe how good theyve been. The cheque clears into my account before I even need to pay my credit card!

They are loads cheaper than all the other quotes I got, and the cover is lifetime cover too.

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:29:55 AM »
ive just gone with healthy pets again, Bruno is 9 now and its £181 for the year and its £3000 vets cover, i wasnt going to do it this year as its gone up so much, but ive just renewed it , personally i think nearly £400 a year is alot
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:53:35 AM »

We are with the kennel club, just had Dylan's renewal in is now £559.50 but he is now 8yrs old.  In view of his just diagnosed eye problem think we might be needing it. His cover is for £10,000 and life time cover.  Glad we have not cancelled it as he has got older.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:30:19 AM »
I'm with NFU and have just added puppy Louis when my renewal came up in August. For William and Louis together it was £362.77 in total, including a 10% loyalty discount. The policy provides lifetime cover, up to £4,000 vet's fees for each dog each year and the excess is £50.

I chose them when William was a puppy because one of my neighbours has 2 Cockers with ongoing, expensive health problems (one has immune system problems and is always at the vet's, poor boy, and the other has terrible problems with his joints) and NFU have always paid up. The 2 Cockers are now about 10 and 7 years old and both have had their problems for many years.

The only thing I didn't like about NFU was that they wouldn't pay when William was castrated because of an undescended testicle and I know that some other insurers will. But they've been great this year and have paid for William's MRI scan and all the physiotherapy he's had for his back problem.

Offline MolliesMom

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:09 PM »
I am with Argos of all people - full Platinum cover - up to £7000 year - £11.30 per month - unlimited treatment if its ongoing up to £7000 per year.
You can get a free quote online .

'If a dog thinks you are the best, dont seek a second opinion'.