Author Topic: Older Dedications  (Read 4248 times)

Offline RainbowBridge

• Site Member
Older Dedications
« on: October 08, 2004, 01:05:19 PM »
These are the dedications which have been submitted to CockersOnline since early 2001, and are taken from the main COL site, the old Rainbow Bridge page will no longer be updated. New dedications can be added to this new forum instead.

To my precious angel, Sandy. You have only been gone for two days and I miss you so much. I think that I'm going to wake up from a horrible dream and still see you spread out on you back with your paws in the air! Words cannot express the pain I feel. Why does it hurt so much? You were my comfort through many bad times (licking my tears from my face) and my best friend through all the good times. And for this, I am so grateful. Jessy misses you a lot and is not sure what has happened. Rest in peace my angel. No more pain. I can't wait to see you again......Jackie

It is only 2 weeks since my husband and I lost our wonderful Golden Cocker Sam. From the day we picked him up he lit up our home. He was my special little boy, coming everywhere with us. He loved sitting in the front seat of the car, looking out at everyone and hoping we would stop somewhere nice for a walk. He also loved going to Grannies as he knew there was always something nice cooking that he would get a bowl of. He knew if I was upset and would come and comfort me. He had heart failure which deteriorated quickly causing him great difficulty to breathe, so the sad and hardest decision had to be made to have him put to sleep. He was so very special that I know it will take a very long time for this heartbreak we feel to go, but we will never forget the joy he brought to us each and every day.Thank you Sam we will always love you, Mummy and Daddy xxxx

This is in memory of my beloved Robin who would have been 19 years old today. He went to the Bridge 3 years ago last March. Robin will always be loved & never forgotten. Have a lovely birthday at the Bridge Darling Robin. Wait there for me until we meet again. Lots of love Mummy xxx

I'm writing this in memory of our beautiful lemon roan boy called Sam, he was a loveable rouge if there was something naughty to be doing he was doing it, But he was overwhelming with love, he Died on August 29th 2003 aged 2 years 8 month due to leukemia, We miss you everyday So does your brother Odie, wee Sam gone but never forgotten, always in our hearts, wait there at rainbow bridge son till we meet you, all our love your 2 moms, liz & Donna xx

I had a beautiful golden cocker spaniel called Holly. It would have been her 17th Birthday last Sunday. Sadly, we lost her in February 2000 - not too long before she would have been 14. She was the one beautiful creature on this planet who saw me through school, college, university and meeting my now husband. I miss her still to this day. She was such fun - the one thing when everything else could be awful who would make me laugh, smile, loved me for all my faults and who was always there for me, acting clown-like, 'talking' to me with those beautiful brown eyes or just wanting a cuddle. I thank God that I was blessed to have been allowed to have almost 14 joyous years with her - and for all the pain I still feel when I miss her the most, I wouldn't trade a minute of those years for anything else. Sleep tight sweetheart xxxx

Charlie Pepperpot was our Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel. Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer yesterday (29.3.04) he would have been 14 in 8 days time. He put up such a brave fight. I feel so lost without you and at this moment in time, I don't think my heart will ever stop hurting. I miss your cuddles. His love and affection was unconditional to the end. I will never have another dog as you could never, ever be replaced. He was not only our pet but a member of our family (the first). I hope you are out of pain now and happy again catching snowballs in heaven! We love you with all our hearts. See you on Rainbow Bridge... Love Mammy, Daddy and Molly.x

Charlie our beloved blue roan cocker spaniel passed away on the 18th november 03. She had a brilliant personality and would always tap us with her paw to get lots of attention! She was diagnosed with lung cancer in early october this year. The vet couldnt give us a time limit, but we never expected her to leave us so soon. The vets was one of her favourite places and would even want to go when she wasnt ill. When she had her x-ray the vet called her a star pupil, because she just lay there enjoying the attention! Charlie was 12 years old. In April this year we also lost our other cocker named henrietta, they were both from the same litter. We cannot believe we have lost both of them within 7 months. We are all devastated, but atleast we have some comfort knowing they will be reunited. The day that Charlie passed away, we had taken photographs of her sitting in a wheelchair. She loved this and even went outside in it when she was struggling with her breathing. She would really enjoy being pushed around in the wheelchair, she was such a character! We are missing her so much, she was such a star.
The day Charlie passed away, we knew that the time had come to take her to the vets. Only this time we had a feeling she would not becoming back, as her breathing was getting faster and she was building up with fluid. It was an heartbreaking decision knowing how much she loved the vets. Then at 3.15pm that afternoon Charlie had a fit and passed away with myself and my mum beside her. Just before she passed she went into the garden, a place she loved. Then she wanted to be carried back into the house where she passed away. She looked so peaceful, all that suffering had gone. She still had her trip to the vets, because she will be cremated. Then we shall have her ashes and bring her back home. We have so many happy memories that are helping us with our grief. We loved them both so much and will miss them forever. Sarah Mcvey & family.

Bonnie, Put to sleep after 14 years 17th October 2003. I miss you so much, I feel you everywhere. I just hope your out of pain and can once again see. I love you my little girl, love mummy.

Jasper 17.07.1992 - 6.06.2001 - my true love. Jasper my darling golden cocker spaniel died suddenly whilst I was away on holiday. I will never forget that call to tell me that he had passed away. Jasper showed me such love and devotion as I had never known. I miss him so much. I still think I see him sometimes, out of the corner of my eye, feel his head resting in my hand, see his little tail wagging. He was my shadow. Jasper made life worthwhile, gave me a purpose and the ability to find happiness. Without him, the world is a sad and lonelier place. We should have had so much more time together, but I feel privileged ever to have shared such joy and I feel sure, he is still there, guiding me. And Jasper, if you're listening up there, I love you with all my heart, you're in our thoughts and hearts today and for EVER. One day we'll be together again xxx Mummy xxx

Gurgi. Although she died more than 2 years ago we still miss her everyday and see her in our minds eye running and enjoying herself. Until we meet again. Gill, Kate and James

Miffy 20/08/00 - 03/06/03 the most beautiful bunny in the world. It has only been a few hours since we lost you Miffy. You became so poorly so quickly. We love and and miss you so very much and will always remember the good times we shared. Night night sweetheart. You will always be in our hearts and minds. Will cuddle you again someday. Your family - Emma Rick And Scooby

Jarvis,03/02/2002-11/4/2003 our beautiful boy taken so suddenly to kidney faliure, dearly missed but we will never forget you, I had the horrible decsion to put you to sleep, but I know you are no longer suffering, I would give anything to hold you again as I did on friday 11th april 2003, but one day I'm sure we will meet and then I never have to let go of you again. I know I had you only a short year but it was the best year of my life, life is dull with out you in it, but Jarvis you also gave me a great year of memories that no one can ever take away from me, we all miss you dreadfully. But you are at peace my beautiful boy, and we will meet again,and I feel you are with me in spirit. I love you always Jarvis,your mum Terri and all the family.

It was only yesterday ( 15th April 2003) that we lost our beloved cocker spaniel named Henry. Her real name was Henrietta, but we always called her Henry and spelt it with a Y! She died aged 11 years & 7 months. She started to go blind about a year ago, but never lost her brilliant nature, nothing seemed to bother her! She was always wagging her tail and always happy to see you and was a typical faithfull cocker who would follow me everywhere! Not once in her life did she ever growl or bite anyone, she loved life and especially being with people.I am just missing her so much and dont think i will ever get over loosing her. The last few days before she died she started breathing strangely, so we took her to the vets, who said she probably had an embolism and he would give her an antibiotic injection and to bring her back the next day if she was no better.Unfortunately by the next day her breathing was getting worse, so we took her to the vets for the last time.We knew he would say it would be the kindest way to put her out of misery, so we had a few words with her before she was gone. The whole family is devastated, we cant believe she has gone.We alsohave another cocker spaniel called charlie who is her sister,they were from the same litter. So far Charlie doesnt seem worried that Henry isnt around, but only time will tell.In all the years they were together every night, only apart for a few hours a day if one had to go to the vets or have an operation.Some people think its easier having the other dog at home after loosing Henry, but we are not only grieving for one dog but also worried for the dog left behind.We know it is early days and hopefully time will be an healer,whatever she will be in our hearts forever! I forgot to mention she was blue roan. From Sarah Mcvey & family

I lost my baby on April 14, 2003 due to cancer. He was everything to me. Even though I had him for 9 years it seems like it was just yesterday when I got him. My heart is broken. See you on Rainbow Bridge! Jill

Amber was our golden cocker spaniel - we had her from eight weeks and she died in our arms on March 19th 2003 at the age of thirteen years and 6 months exactly. Every day over the last few years was a bonus but when the end came, it happened so quickly and from the point of collapse to death was one short hour. We miss her every minute of every day - her love and affection, her character and her spirit. She slipped away peacefully and left many happy memories but also an enormous gap in our lives. Brenda & Malcolm Flisher

For my darling cocker spaniel, Muffin, who died on 11 February 2003, aged 14 years, 8 months and 1 day. She had started to stumble and lose her balance in the week or two before she died. We loved her dearly and are missing her so much.

Our best friend Bengy our blue roan cocker spaniel lost his battle with cancer 29/10/01 aged 7 years 8 mths.He touched the heart of all that met him and is sadly missed.Dave & Julie Riley & family.(19/05/02)

My beautiful, devoted and loyal companion Sam. Greatly missed and still adored in my heart. I lost you to a tumour 9 months ago and I cannot explain the grief I have for you. I loved you from the day I saw you, I just wish I could have had more time with you. They were the best 2 years I have had. Rebecca.

Parsley, my baby, who died in August 1999, one week before her 11th Birthday of cancer. The day you died babe you took my heart with you. Holly, your big sister misses you. Wherever you are - sleep peacefully and wait for me on Rainbow Bridge. All my love Jan

I had to let go of my beautiful golden cocker spaniel Harry on 06/01/02. He was 11 years old and sadly had a brain tumor. I love him and miss him so much words cannot describe it. Harry forever in my heart.

I got my Cocker Spaniel Chloe when she was 6 weeks old. She died only 2 days ago. She was only 8 1/2 months old. She stole my heart from day one. I went through LOTS of trouble to get and keep her. She filled my heart with so much joy and love. She was always jumping and happy to see us. She never moped around or growled at us. I am missing her terribly. I cry myself to sleep cause I can't get over it. She died a tragic death. I will never be able to erase the memory from my mind. It is etched there for life. I wish I could've had 15 or more years with her instead of 6 months. But, I wouldn't trade those months for the world. There was no dog and never will be a dog like her. She was a real diamond. I just want everyone to know about her. And her beauty inside and out.

We lost Max 31 December 2000 It was the saddest New Year's Eve ever. Its been almost a year and we all still love and miss him very much. Emma.

We lost Thomas today in the early hours (28th October 2001) suddenly through a suspected heart attack. He was 11 and a half years old and was jet black. He was a unique character and will never be replaced. He was part of the family and dearly loved. We never thought it would be this hard. Love you always Tom. David, Lesley, Sully, Fiona & Sophina xxxxx!!!!!

We lost our beautiful, precious "Lady" on Monday, October 29 2001. We brought her to the vet two weeks ago because we thought she had arthritis but it turned out to be mammary cancer. Sadly it quickly spread to her lungs and before we knew it she was gone. "Lady" was the most loving, gentle, sweet dog you would ever know. Everyone that met her could not help but love her. "Lady" was almost 17 years old, we can't imagine life without her. We are looking for a new puppy cocker spaniel but it will not be the same. To anyone that has lost a dog we are truly sorry. We love you and miss you so much "Lady", your beloved family, Rick, Regina, Shannon, & Jordan Gonzalez

We lost Monty twelve months ago after a short illness. He was aged 12 yrs 9mths. I miss his kisses when we arrive home at night, and the once deep brown eyes shining bright. Thankyou for all your love you gave us. James & Nicola

I lost my cocker honey nearly eighteen months ago, I still miss her so much. She was such a wonderful dog, and has left such a void in my life. I have now decided to get another cocker, which I collect in a few weeks time, I owe so much to honey in the love and loyalty she gave. Maria

Bobby was put to sleep on 8th June 01 after bravely and cheerfully fighting off lymphoma. We hoped he would pull through by stubbornness alone but this fight was too much even for him. Bobby wasn't a real cocker spaniel - he was a cocker/collie cross but what he lacked in breeding he made up for in character and he couldn't have been loved, or missed, more. Debbie and Sally

In memory of our Cocker Spaniel "ollie". She was a wonderful dog and we love her dearly. She was put to sleep on Friday 13th July. It was a very sudden illness and it came as a great shock. She gave us 10 very happy years and we miss her dreadfully.Heather Wilson

We lost our Black Cocker Spaniel, Holly, 3 months ago. All dogs are special to their owners, but Holly truly was unique. We had her for 14 years 2 months, she was healthy to the end (despite being deaf & blind in one eye) and everyone who knew her had a 'soft spot' for our Holly. Never a day goes by that we don't talk, think or wonder 'where is she?' Terribly missed, we are so lucky to have been blessed with her. Ralph & Jeni.

I lost my dear cocker spaniel Roleyage 11 and 9 months, he was put to sleep on the 30th of Jan 2001, he had a cancer removed in Sept 2000, he got so ill in the end our vet said he could do no more for him. I still miss him lots, he was my best friend. Kevin ( 15-5-01)

My cocker spaniel, PEANUT, passed away this weekend. She was the most wonderful friend, pet, companion I've ever known. She blessed my life for 11 years and lost her battle to cancer at 12:10 AM Sunday morning. She will truly be missed. Michelle (09/04/01)

For our faithful Labrador, Jake. Sleeping soundly, at rest. His memory lives on. D.Jefferson & Family