Author Topic: Penny And Bess - My Best Friends  (Read 3450 times)

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Penny And Bess - My Best Friends
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:20:46 PM »
Penny, mum got you for me when i was a mere baby. ALthough i can;t remember you arriving i certainly remember you being by my side through thick and thin.

You were a black cocker and a wonderfull soul. I can remember as you passed into your later years you would hold back on the lead- but as soon as we let you off you would run ahead, you raskel!

It was much later on that you developed breast cancer. ALthough we had a couple of lumps removed it sadly reached your liver. You went down hill fast, as though you didn't want us to suffer.

(sorry going for a weepy break)

I held your paw as the vet did his bit, and watched you gently slip away. I wanted to scream, make you come back but it was too late and you had gone.

Bess, you were Penny's daughter and it was my fault you were born as i let your mummy and daddy get to each other. A sprocker, black with a white chest - my companion. You came every where with us. Remember the year i refused to go on holiday untill dad agreed that you could come to? We stayed in the tent on our own because you were not allowed in the carvan - but didn't we have fun!

We knew what the lump was when it came - your mum had had the same. But byy the time the vet operated it was huge. The operation to remove it worked. But when we got you home you started to have fits. The anestetic had damaged your liver and you would never be the same again. You went back to the vets and when i rang to ask how you were they asked me to make the decision i was dreading.
I'm sorry i wasn't with you when you went ...

(weepy break)

... i know you understand but i still feel so bad 12 years on - dad went and got you and brought you home we buryied you next to your mum and sam your dad.

The funny thing is i know you came back to visit. I saw you a few times out the corner of my eye, disappearing round a corner. I know you were saying, 'i'm ok mum!'

I think about both of you alot and am proud to have been involved in your lives,

Love you forever and watch for me over Rainbow Bridge!

x x x x
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!