Author Topic: Dillon Born 1998 - Pts 2004  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
Dillon Born 1998 - Pts 2004
« on: October 08, 2004, 05:13:52 PM »
Sorry we couldn't save you in the end.  After  three cases of bloat you were put to sleep to prevent further suffering.

Dillon was my big baby who acted like a puppy all his life, even though he was the size of a great dane! I loved him so much and it was the hardest decision to let him go.

His problems started September 2003 when I found him in a distressed state at midnight, I rushed him straight to the vets and they gave him a 50/50 chance of survival.  Luckily he pulled through and came home the day after.  

I was careful and made sure that from then on he had smaller meals (chicken and rice) and never exercised near mealtimes and followed the rule book to the letter.  However it wasn't to be on New Years Eve he bloated again, once again rushed to the vets and again came home the following day.

Two weeks later he bloated again at 2 in the morning.  The vets managed to release the gas but he started to bloat again, which again was released.  However at 11 in the morning I had a call to say he was bloating again and I had to make the awful decision to let him go.

So sorry Dill that I couldn't bear to be with you in the end, I feel I let you down.

Love you forever

Debbie, Tara & Bailey
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007