Author Topic: Kim - My Best Friend In All The World  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Kim - My Best Friend In All The World
« on: October 08, 2004, 07:03:54 PM »
I remember the day we brought you home, such a tiny wee thing but bouncy and cheeky with it.  Everywhere we went, you went, even on our honeymoon!  You never gave us a minute of trouble and you were never sick.  I couldn't believe it when I found the lumps on you, I don't know how I missed them.  Grace told us it was mammary cancer and did the operation right away but I suppose we already knew that it had spread.  Drugs kept you going and for a while you were really happy then one day Dad went to get you out of your basket and you snapped at him.  We didn't blame you for that baby, we knew you couldn't help it.  You struggled for almost a year and were kind enough to give us a Christmas with you, even if you did eat the chocolates on the tree that you could reach.  One day I came home and you didn't greet me.  I found you in the kitchen just standing there.  I remember the panic of trying to get you to eat some meat with your pills in it but you couldn't.  I carried you into the garden and put you down and you never moved a muscle, just stood looking at me.  I got your Dad and we took you to see Grace and she said it was time to go.  I put you on the table and you lifted your paw up to Grace, just like you had made the decision to go all by yourself.  We both stroked you and kissed you as you slipped away and then went to the car and just broke down.  Our hearts broke that day and they are broken still.  God Bless baby.  We will see you again.
Mum and Dad

Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe