Author Topic: KC registration Question?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
KC registration Question?
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »
Hi , just trying to find the answer to a question ?

Im looking through my pups pedigree and on the Kc website , I cant find his gt grandad, Gt-Gt grandad or his Gt-gt grandma. I have googled them and CAN find gt gt grandma and her dad, Her Sire has a KC number under his pic , and it lists her as one of his offspring but there is no KC reg number for her?

My pup is KC registered is that possible if some of his grand-parentage isnt?

I hope the above makes sense  ::)

Thanks in advance

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: KC registration Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
It's possible that not all the ancestors are KC registered eg if for example there are Irish-bred dogs in the pedigree, these would be IKC registered and not necessarily KC registered. Another example would be our US bred Cocker who has a KC number as she is now registered with the KC but none of her American relatives will have KC numbers as they are AKC registered.
Jane

Offline babushka

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:24:27 PM »
A carry on question. I was led to believe that if the parents are not KC registered then you cannot register the litter, is this right? I'm talking British dogs

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »
That's right - the KC will not register a litter unless both parents are KC registered.
Jane

Offline babushka

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
Hi , just trying to find the answer to a question ?

Im looking through my pups pedigree and on the Kc website , I cant find his gt grandad, Gt-Gt grandad or his Gt-gt grandma. I have googled them and CAN find gt gt grandma and her dad, Her Sire has a KC number under his pic , and it lists her as one of his offspring but there is no KC reg number for her?

My pup is KC registered is that possible if some of his grand-parentage isnt?

I hope the above makes sense  ::)

Thanks in advance

So whats happened to this pups pedigree? if some of his relatives were not registered, how is he?

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:28:39 PM »
It's like I explained with our American girl - she is KC registered now but many of the dogs in her pedigree are not. Same goes for an Irish bred dog - if there is one close up in Maria's pup's pedigree, then that dog could be registered but his relatives further back may not be. Maria really needs to ask her breeder though as she should know her dog's pedigrees inside out - I'm only guessing the reason why some dogs are registered and some are not in her case.
Jane

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
Could the answer to the OP's question lie in where she is looking?  If it's in the health search, I was under the impression that there is no comprehensive list of ALL dogs and therefore a search back on there would give gaps, whereas the 5 generation KC certificate would be complete still and all be registered  :-\

If the pup is KC registered and assuming not an import, many of our dogs still turn up blanks if googling the internet for previous generations, simply because there has not been reason to enter them somewhere (ie they were never a show or Trial winner, produced a champion etc etc )

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »
Could the answer to the OP's question lie in where she is looking?  If it's in the health search, I was under the impression that there is no comprehensive list of ALL dogs and therefore a search back on there would give gaps, whereas the 5 generation KC certificate would be complete still and all be registered  :-\

Could be - didn't think of that! Maria, you need to come back and tell us what you were looking at :D
Jane

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:22 PM »
I was looking on the health screening bit on the KC website , its his great grandad and his gg grandad that i cant find . I may have inncorrect spelling of their names  :-\ so will check with the breeder  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the health test search is not a complete database of all dogs registered with the Kennel Club  ;)  I've just entered a couple of entries from some of my lots ancestors and they are not there

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Meg is kennel club registered and i entered her name in the name check and it said her name was available :huh: so i wouldnt believe everything it tells you! xx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the health test search is not a complete database of all dogs registered with the Kennel Club  ;)  I've just entered a couple of entries from some of my lots ancestors and they are not there

The health test search will only bring up dogs that have been DNA tested for PRA/FN and whose results have been submitted to the Kennel Club. ;)

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »
The health test search will only bring up dogs that have been DNA tested for PRA/FN and whose results have been submitted to the Kennel Club. ;)

It shows all health testing results that are submitted to the KC including PRA, FN but also KC/BVA Eye Testing and Gonioscopy  ;) The dog doesn't have to be DNA tested to show up, but it does have to have some health test results but this could be as simple as a BVA eye test - usually it will say "There are no health test results for this dog" if there aren't any.

The dog's name has to be spelt correctly for it to show up, I had this same problem with a dog who had had the addition of an affix to the end of her name so I had to order a pedigree from the KC before I realised why she wasn't showing up  ;)
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

Or if the pup has come from health tested parents, then the pup should show up as hereditary clear