Author Topic: Colds in dogs  (Read 424 times)

Offline Sarah16

• Site Member
  • Mollie
Colds in dogs
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
Pippa on Saturday started sneezing, but seemed fine in herself. On Sunday evening after sneezing alot during the day she started to do a kind of reverse sneeze (I think), it looked like she was either having a panic attack or had problems breathing as her whole body shook, this went on and off for a couple of hours, I just stroked her until she got over it.

I looked on the internet and it said it is quite common in dogs and nothing to worry about. I have never seen this before and seemed quite frightening. Yesterday she started to do it more and more and last night she was doing it near enough continually for an hour or so. I took her for a walk this morning and the cold air seemed to make it worse and I had to bring her home again.

I have made an appointment for this afternoon for her at the vets as I just want them to check that she is ok. Have any of you had this with your dogs when they have had a cold?

Pippa

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: Colds in dogs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
Am curious about this as Bonnie Boo seemed to have the coughs and sneezes last winter but not as you have described. How did you get on at the vets ?
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet