Author Topic: Car stickers and cards  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Car stickers and cards
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:57 AM »
Interesting thread and as it happens there are already business cards out there with details of COL on them. When we met up for a final walk with Annette Buddy and family before they left for their new life down under Annette gave us a box of cards that they had had printed.  :D
I have just double checked what's on the cards and they are very simple, they give the full web address and then have a single line that says 'Online forum for Cocker owners' Luckily there is also a line on the back that says Business Cards are FREE at www.vistaprint.co.uk
I've just checked online and yes they still exist and are still doing free business cards.

I shall be taking some along to ringcraft tonight to give to the two new cocker owners that have just started and I have promised some to 5's Company to keep in her grooming salon.
Thank you Annette and Buddy  :-*

They are quite easy to make yourself too if you so wished, when I was a MOW organiser I made some for my volunteers with my name, and tel no. and other useful info, simply by typing the stuff I needed  then copy and paste onto an A4 size sheet (you can get about 8/10 on one sheet of A4 - set the margins to gain max width/length), then printing it off on card and cutting it up.......simples :-*  If you save the original on your poota - you can then run more off when the need arises ;)

But I do admit I enjoy 'playing' on my compooter  :005:

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »
It's actually not the making of them that is a problem - it's the administration side TBH - collating/collecting money/packaging and the worst bit... standing in a post office queue for hours to post them  ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
It's actually not the making of them that is a problem - it's the administration side TBH - collating/collecting money/packaging and the worst bit... standing in a post office queue for hours to post them  ph34r

No!! I wasn't suggesting YOU as COL admin. make them, I was just saying that we can make our own and use them as we need
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »
I was just about to own up to those cards! ph34r

OH sent off for them. We have used Vista print for several years and regularly got the "free cards" offer through. You do have to pay for P&P butotherwise it's all free.

I just never had a pen and paper with me when I wanted to tell someone where to get advice for their "cocker rage" or "cocker cross" which turned out to be a working cocker! You know the thing!!!

Anyway, we only handed out a few, and I think I still have some with me now, but doubt I will use many of them here.

The other idea is to just write the website address on a bit of paper ready for the time you might need it.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »
Yes thankyou Annette. We will display the cards with pride. I always feel a bit funny preaching on about how fantastic COL is :shades: so the cards will come in very handy and I already get my business cards printed at Vistaprint, so can always get some more of them printed if I have the need. I do fully understand why COL itself can't do it though as they do so much already and do such a fantastic job running this place out the kindness of their hearts and in their own time. Even putting there own money into it, which I personally thank them all for. I am also happy to donate whenever needed.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
This might sound really sad, but I quite like car stickers that say something about the driver....so, anyone seeing mine would know Im a member of the RSPB, and support our local lifeboats, and am a member of the Woodland Trust, and I think I would be quite proud to have a car sticker that said I was a member of Cockers on Line  :shades: :005:

I would also be happy to print off cards to give to people; I myself was introduced to COL by another member I happened to meet on Skye, and she took the time to write the website address on a post it note. It remained in my pocket for weeks, till I decided to wash the jacket and then I found it and decided to have a nosey. I wonder, if she hadn't taken the time to write it down for me, whether I'd have ever bothered looking it up.

I think Chloe is very lucky that I found COL  :shades: ;)

I think she is lucky too Sue.  This is a brilliant forum, and I have learned so much from the experiences of others.  It is my first port of call when I have a doggie worry.  I have passed on the site details to a lot of people.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »
I was just about to own up to those cards! ph34r

OH sent off for them. We have used Vista print for several years and regularly got the "free cards" offer through. You do have to pay for P&P butotherwise it's all free.

I just never had a pen and paper with me when I wanted to tell someone where to get advice for their "cocker rage" or "cocker cross" which turned out to be a working cocker! You know the thing!!!

Anyway, we only handed out a few, and I think I still have some with me now, but doubt I will use many of them here.

The other idea is to just write the website address on a bit of paper ready for the time you might need it.

You'll be surprised! If you do have any still and want to get rid of some, I'll be happy to take them. Can give them out at the NSW Cocker Spaniel show in August (the one that was on in Castle Hill when you were out here on hols) and also not forgetting the day when the cockers are showing at the Sydney Royal Easter Show and also the Sydney Pet and Animal expo!! Let me know!

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 12:00:45 AM »
My OH made me some business cards up recently as I always mention COL when I meet other cocker owners. I'm sure a few of them think I'm daft and the other probably don't remember the address by the time they get home. I now keep a couple of these on me when out and about, just in case. The original file is in MS Publisher, but the attachment is a PDF which you should be able to open.

ftp://ftp.servage.net/cockers%20red.pdf

Username:          col
Password:          cockersonline
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline maggieann

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »
Thanks for that, they're great, I'm going to print some out. :D
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »

They are great Kirsty.  :shades: If people are going to print these off via COL we'd need to know that we wouldn't be breaking any copyright re the photo. If it's your own pic or you have permission to use it that would be fine though. If not, would it be possible for your OH to re-do it with a different photo ?

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »
The site has run at a loss for years - Stuart making up the shortfall himself, with the occassional help of the mod team to help buy new software etc. The recent donations will go towards the monthly running costs, if there's anything left over it will be put back into the site in some way.

Absolutely. Everybody who uses COL as a free resource needs to understand that it's not free to run and never has been and as it's got bigger and busier, our bandwidth usage has risen dramatically. Stu has subsidised this cost for years now with the help of occasional donations from members & the Mod Team but he can't be expected to do this indefinitely, hence the "donation drive" recently. Most busy forums will need income to be raised somehow, either from voluntary donations, compulsory membership fees or advertising revenue - they could not survive otherwise.

For me COL is such an important part of my everyday I would be more than willing to pay a membership fee, monthly donation or whatever is decided upon. The advice and friendship I get from fellow members to me is priceless. No one should have to be out of pocket for providing such a valued service.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »

ftp://ftp.servage.net

Username:          col
Password:          cockersonline

OK, I've taken down the original one and replaced it with an image I do own. Cockers Online's Mr April 2010.

Still happy to make up custom ones of your own dog if requested.
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »
ow thats fab................will definitely be printing some off  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »
They're excellent!

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
The site has run at a loss for years - Stuart making up the shortfall himself, with the occassional help of the mod team to help buy new software etc. The recent donations will go towards the monthly running costs, if there's anything left over it will be put back into the site in some way.

Absolutely. Everybody who uses COL as a free resource needs to understand that it's not free to run and never has been and as it's got bigger and busier, our bandwidth usage has risen dramatically. Stu has subsidised this cost for years now with the help of occasional donations from members & the Mod Team but he can't be expected to do this indefinitely, hence the "donation drive" recently. Most busy forums will need income to be raised somehow, either from voluntary donations, compulsory membership fees or advertising revenue - they could not survive otherwise.

For me COL is such an important part of my everyday I would be more than willing to pay a membership fee, monthly donation or whatever is decided upon. The advice and friendship I get from fellow members to me is priceless. No one should have to be out of pocket for providing such a valued service.

Very well put there Sharon & the same goes for me too  ;)
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!