Author Topic: OH just found a cocker stray... HELP!  (Read 11421 times)

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
Re: OH just found a cocker stray... HELP!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 03:23:34 PM »
Just an update on the day's progress- well, there hasn't been any actually. Vet checked for a chip- negative. Went onto all our lost and found pet websites- nothing. Spent the morning driving around to all vets and animal rescues in the area and beyond- nobody is missing a cocker pup. When we bathed her, we saw lots of little sores, scabs and scratches under her hair- she had been out wandering for quite some time. She was covered in parasites. After getting her all cleaned up, she looks really beautiful- except for a few chunks of fur missing from her ears. The hair was so matted we had to cut the dreads out. Brushing didn't help at all. We have named her Saffron for now. She has stuck like glue to Dilyn- think it's going to break his heart if she has to go. But it's looking more and more like she was abandoned. The vet said the chances are slim that anyone is looking for her- if she was a loved little pup she would have had identification and they would have been actively looking for her. She is such a darling and is getting used to bailey now- she quickly puts him in his place if he oversteps any boundaries. All in all- she is wonderful! Can't believe anybody would not want her.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 03:26:50 PM »
How sad that she appears to have been dumped, but she is very lucky that you found her, and I hope you are able to keep her. :luv:

I wish I could find a stray Cocker! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
Well, i'm convinced it was fate. We had been discussing getting another cocker pup just that morning... And hey presto... We find one that night.

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Well, i'm convinced it was fate. We had been discussing getting another cocker pup just that morning... And hey presto... We find one that night.

You've done an awful lot to try and find her owner and it wouldn't appear that they are actively looking for her so....... I'd put a time limit on your search - most dog pounds only give owners a week to claim their dogs ;)

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »
I very much believe in fate, it seems as if she was meant to be with you,  she sounds a perfect sweetheart :luv: :luv: would love to see photos of her, and Bailey. they will be best of pals before you know it
keeping my fingers cross she is yours to love forever, shall be watching for your updates on her.
good luck.

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
A week seems fair... Six days to go :-) I'll post pics of her soon... She's still so thin. I'm sure the collective COL genius will be able to tell me how old she is... Forgot to ask the vet.

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
Yep im a huge believer in fate too. Shes a very lucky girl to have found you :luv: who knows what could have happened if she had been left any longer :'(. Keep us updated xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
It seems that her original owners are not too worried about her, otherwise they would have done something about looking for her.

Looks as if she's fallen on her feet with you, and you have acquired a lovely little Cocker.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
Me thinks she has a nice new home   :luv:

Would be lovely to have some pics  :blink:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
Sounds like it was meant to be  :luv: :luv:

Hope you can keep her now  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »
Just an update on the day's progress- well, there hasn't been any actually. Vet checked for a chip- negative. Went onto all our lost and found pet websites- nothing. Spent the morning driving around to all vets and animal rescues in the area and beyond- nobody is missing a cocker pup. When we bathed her, we saw lots of little sores, scabs and scratches under her hair- she had been out wandering for quite some time. She was covered in parasites. After getting her all cleaned up, she looks really beautiful- except for a few chunks of fur missing from her ears. The hair was so matted we had to cut the dreads out. Brushing didn't help at all. We have named her Saffron for now. She has stuck like glue to Dilyn- think it's going to break his heart if she has to go. But it's looking more and more like she was abandoned. The vet said the chances are slim that anyone is looking for her- if she was a loved little pup she would have had identification and they would have been actively looking for her. She is such a darling and is getting used to bailey now- she quickly puts him in his place if he oversteps any boundaries. All in all- she is wonderful! Can't believe anybody would not want her.

Oh I really hope she stays with you ...... you sound like the perfect family for her.  Love the name too.........
Lots of luck with it all. xxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
Just as a matter of interest (and I really hope this doesn't happen), but with finding a dog in this situation how long would it be, if an owner turned up, before you could refuse to hand it back if you were not happy with the owner.

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Well, the spca give it a week, then you have to adopt your dog back after home inspection etc. Another animal shelter nearby only gives you 3 days. I suppose it makes sense... Shelters are the first place you look when your pup has gone missing, so either the owners don't want to look for her or they haven't noticed that she is missing- which is worse I think.

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »
Fingers crossed for you that you've got a new member of the family - sounds like it was meant to be!  Love to see some pics of the little one when you've some time.  Hope she's settling in ok  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline mooching

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 12:40:16 AM »
What colour is she?  :luv: