Author Topic: Liverpool Victoria Insurance - has anyone used them?  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Liverpool Victoria Insurance - has anyone used them?
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
Hi, having trawled through seemingly hundreds of quotes for Odie, I've come across LV which quotes £12.13 for their best policy.  This includes £5,000 per condition no time limit if I renew each year (life policy).  Does this mean I would have £5,000 for the entire lifetime of Odie (which wouldn't stretch far) or is it based on each 'Period of Insurance' (ie each year I renew?).  Very confused  :huh:  Is anyone using LV for their pet insurance who could answer these (and give me any other useful info) questions please?   ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline black taz

Re: Liverpool Victoria Insurance - has anyone used them?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
I use Healthy Pets - i think i pay around £12 for Taz and that covers him for £7000 on the gold standard.  I have had to claim and they paid very promptly without me having to jump through hoops.

Offline B52

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
I'm with Marks & Spencer - top cover for £172 a year - £14.33 a month

Life cover plus small excess - and all the usual extras

I think you might find there are lots of threads on this subject - check them out

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:44:08 PM »
Hi, yes I've read all the threads and whittled my choices down to 4 possibles - AA (£10.04 - seems very cheap for £5,000 per incident + £50 excess), LV (£12.13 for £5,000 per condition + £60 excess), Argos (£15.01 for £7,000 per year + £65 excess) and Healthy Pets (£13.40 for £7,500 per condition per year + £75 excess.  The Healthy Pets one looks on paper the clear winner.  What do others think?  ;)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:55 PM »
I have used LV not for pet but car insurance because it was a good deal, but I wasn't too happy - they firstly put my policy in some obscure persons name, then sent it to the wrong address and everytime we phoned to get it put right, we were asked to repeat things over and over again - without being too rude, the people on the end of the phone seemed brain-cell challenged!  I might have been unlucky but I lost all confidence in them and changed insurers - heaven knows what would have happened if I needed to claim  :huh:
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]