Author Topic: Anyone going to UKA Agility at Newbury (updated with how Morgana went)  (Read 1334 times)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Anyone going to UKA Agility at Newbury Showground Berkshire this weekend. We are not entered, but we live in Newbury, so my mum is entering her Collies on the day and I am considering entering Morgana if there is anything suitable and we have the nerve as I haven't entered her before, so anything could happen.  :shades: :005: Would prefer nursery or the like to be honest as weaves are not her forty and the tunnel is also a weak point.  :shades: May just end up taking her up for a wonder round, so would be nice if any COLers are there to say hi.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
Hi Sarah,go for it, she may surpise you, the nursery class is lovely for a young dogs,  we are not at this one, going to moulton, an indoor show, but will be at all the other shows at newbury, you can find the ring plan on waverunners website,  have fun
Jackie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Cheers Jackie. I don't blame you opting for the inside venue with the weather the way it is at the mo.  :shades: I will see what I think. It may be an idea to start inside with her as outside you have to work to keep her attention at times.  :shades: :005: Good luck to you at your show and maybe we'll see you again at one of the future newbury shows.  :D

Offline Workingcocker

• Site Member
I will be at Vyne show at Newbury on May Bank holiday!
/Users/sarah/Desktop/IMG_1839.JPG

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
i took George to UKA at mapledurum the other week, after a couple of previous training sessions where he found a scent to follow  and slow to come back to me i was a bit concerned how close the river is to the rings, but bless him did what i asked and didn't go off smelling or for a swim.(didn't show him the water, but luckily our rings were away from it )
We had already booked moulton before waverunners came up, so we have a really early start on sunday, and the clocks go forward too

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Sooooo VERY pleased with my Morgana today. Her first ever Agility show and she got a clear in a beginners steeplechase and was only seconds off the places.  :banana: She also did another lovely round in another steeple chase, but left the ring for a second half way round, but otherwise it was perfect and also brill Nursery Agility as she doesn't do weaves properly yet, which she just went past one jump slightly, but again otherwise perfect. Hit all her contacts perfectly. I am so proud of her.  :D She is soooo fast I'm warn out.   :shades: :005:

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
Well done you two! We've got a black & white cocker boy with ADHD and Chester does agility brilliantly. We are not up to competing standard though! Best wishes x
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
Well done both of you, :clapping: glad it went well with Morgana, hope to catch up with you soon