Author Topic: heelwork to music workshops  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Sarah1985

heelwork to music workshops
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »

I really want to give heel work to music a go but cant find any classes in my local area. Does anyone know of any weekend workshops being run that i can travel to. I dont mind traveling for a full day workshop as you can cover so much in that time and it makes it worth the trip.

I live south yorkshire so would prefer something in the north east or the midlands but will consider anything

Thanks
Sarah

Offline tots

Re: heelwork to music workshops
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
hya sarah,
they do it weekly at jets puppy class centre, its in west yorks, if u need address etc pm me ;)

Offline jackieb

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:32:32 PM »
have a look at Richard curtis' website he does alot of good workshops

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:38:54 PM »
Try the link here - looks like you just need to put postcode in  http://www.paws-n-music.co.uk/html/training_classes.html

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »
Try the link here - looks like you just need to put postcode in  http://www.paws-n-music.co.uk/html/training_classes.html

Tried this. There are none within a 2 hour drive (or wasnt last time i looked). Which seemed alittle bit far  :005: I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a club that isnt listed.

Thats the problem with living up north we seem about a decade behind the south in dog activities. Theres a few good clubs scattered about but none near me. Thats why I was looking for a workshop. If im going to be getting a full day of activities its worth abit of travel

Offline Mybuddies

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »

would agree to persevere with with this one,   he usually puts a link or phone number to a club whom his holding one of his workshops,  they may be a private club but sometimes have spaces available to participate or to spectate ;)

We were fortunate to have him to our dog display team last september when a few of us became interested in htm,  really lucky as only have to travel 2miles ph34r

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »

would agree to persevere with with this one,   he usually puts a link or phone number to a club whom his holding one of his workshops,  they may be a private club but sometimes have spaces available to participate or to spectate ;)

We were fortunate to have him to our dog display team last september when a few of us became interested in htm,  really lucky as only have to travel 2miles ph34r

He looks like he keeps himself south of the north south divide. Lol.  Ill keep my eyes pealed for one close to any friends or family who i can stop with.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Mybuddies

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »

would agree to persevere with with this one,   he usually puts a link or phone number to a club whom his holding one of his workshops,  they may be a private club but sometimes have spaces available to participate or to spectate ;)

We were fortunate to have him to our dog display team last september when a few of us became interested in htm,  really lucky as only have to travel 2miles ph34r

He looks like he keeps himself south of the north south divide. Lol.  Ill keep my eyes pealed for one close to any friends or family who i can stop with.

Thanks for the help.

No No ,  he definatley comes up north,  ok am not as north as you  but if my memory serves me correctly he was doing a workshop in stafford the very next day, so that would be ideal for you,   just keep looking out,   

I think we were talking of having him back some time, so will let you know if we do (think I am approx 1.5 hrs from you)  although his availibility is better on a weekday I believe ;)

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

No No ,  he definatley comes up north,  ok am not as north as you  but if my memory serves me correctly he was doing a workshop in stafford the very next day, so that would be ideal for you,   just keep looking out,   

I think we were talking of having him back some time, so will let you know if we do (think I am approx 1.5 hrs from you)  although his availibility is better on a weekday I believe ;)

That would be brillient if you can keep me informed. I dont mind traveling for one off events if they're worth it. Thanks

Ill also keep an eye out on his website to make sure i dont miss any events near me.

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Mary Ray is based round Rugby area...not sure if she runs classes tho, or would have a training day coming up?  You might be able to contact her through Rugby Dog Training Club?

Offline BarbaraW

• Mum of Dennis, black 'n tan show cocker who dances
    • http://www.myspace.com/dennis_barbara
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »
I wondered if the new KC building at Stoneleigh was close enough to you as Jenny Deakin holds classes and workshops there.  Here is a link to her workshops

http://k9bestfootforward.blogspot.com/

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
I wondered if the new KC building at Stoneleigh was close enough to you as Jenny Deakin holds classes and workshops there.  Here is a link to her workshops

http://k9bestfootforward.blogspot.com/

Thanks thats a great link. Too far for me to travel to the classes but it mentions on their website that they are planning up and coming workshops which would be ideal.

Offline BarbaraW

• Mum of Dennis, black 'n tan show cocker who dances
    • http://www.myspace.com/dennis_barbara
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
If I hear of any more in your area will let you know and we will hopefully see you at a future competition.

Offline Sarah1985

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
If I hear of any more in your area will let you know and we will hopefully see you at a future competition.

Your getting abit ahead of yourself  :005: I do hope to compete in the future but at the min it seems like a million miles away  :005: Its difficult by yourself as I do wonder how will i know if ive reached a stage where im ready to compete? I think i need to go see some competitions to see the standard at the beginners level and work out if im at that standard yet. 

Im finding the videos you recomended really good. In particular a Richard Curtis one. Its giving me a training plan to follow whereas before i was aimless training random tricks and getting nowhere.

If your looking for some reading Ive found Annie Clayton Paws to Dance book to be really good for getting you to think about your movements. Once I start to plan out how i was moving my dogs soon picked up what they were doing just because I was being consistant in my movements.