Author Topic: Continuous request to "Log In" each time  (Read 1340 times)

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
Continuous request to "Log In" each time
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »
Hello. Lately when I bring up the COL Forum page, I keep receiving the "Welcome Guest Sign up or Log In" screen. This is despite the fact that I have set the log in as "Remember me" (on this computer only). Is there a reason why I keep receiving this screen? I had no problems up until last Sunday.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Continuous request to "Log In" each time
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »
Sounds like a cookie problem on your computer. Try deleting your cookies & your temporary internet files and see if that makes any difference (In Firefox, click Tools & then Clear Recent History; in Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, then Delete Browsing History)
Jane

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:31:35 AM »
Thanks for that information Jane, however, despite carrying out your suggestions, I still find I am being directed to the Login site when attempting to access the Forum. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this? I do not have this problem on the Laptop, and it is configured exactly the same as the Desktop computer.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 06:31:36 AM »
I have something similar and just put it down to computer updates - I use Firefox and that seems to have new updates very regularly.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:34 AM »
Thanks for that information Jane, however, despite carrying out your suggestions, I still find I am being directed to the Login site when attempting to access the Forum. Any other ideas as to what may be causing this? I do not have this problem on the Laptop, and it is configured exactly the same as the Desktop computer.

What browser are you using? If you use Firefox is it set up to allow cookies & if you use IE, what privacy level is it set at? Sorry, obvious questions I know but it must be something to do with the browser configuration on your desk top if you don't have the same problem on your laptop. Hopefully a process of elimination will get to the bottom of it :D
Jane

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »
I'm using Firefox. I will check to see if it allows cookies. Probably something really simple as you say. Thanks