Author Topic: PDSA Insurance  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Cardno

PDSA Insurance
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
Has anyone any experience of the PDSA Insurance Scheme

Offline jimmyc

Re: PDSA Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:42:04 PM »
We insured our new puppy with PDSA Pet Insurance and after 9 days she needed vet care for severe colitis. We put in a claim that was rejected as they have a 10 day exclusion to prevent people taking out insurance after their dog is ill.
I spoke to their marketing manager as we had insured our puppy from the day that she was with us and was basically told that we would have been wiser not to take her to the vet if we could not afford the fees. Our puppy needed an antibiotic drip and would almost certainly have died without vet care. Their marketing manager did however agreed that had she died, they would have paid bereavement benefit!
I understand terms and conditions etc but their attitude annoyed and upset me.
I shall not be renewing with them.

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »
I'm with Argos and when I took it out, I couldn't claim for the first 10 days, I think this must be fairly standard procedure?   Lesley

Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
Yes, it's standard, the insurance only kicks in for illness after a specified time (usually 14 days), although accidents are generally covered from day one. Shocked by the response from the marketing manager though  :o