Author Topic: External hard drives recommendations and ITunes  (Read 843 times)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
External hard drives recommendations and ITunes
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »
Ok, bear with me, I think I know the answer so this may be a very silly question.....
If I get an external hard drive and transfer my songs that I play in ITunes into it and remove them from my computer will this remove them from my Itunes (still be able to play them) or does it have a seperate backpup? If it doesn't can I keep the hard drive plugged in and still use Itunes in the normal way?

Aside from that, can anyone recommend an inexpensive but easy, reliable external hard drive?

My laptop is full but i'm not really sure what with, I dohave 7GB of pics and a little more in music  :huh:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
Re: External hard drives recommendations and ITunes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »
I've just bought the Click Free off the QVC site,and it really is just that.No downloading, no disc, nothing I just plugged it in to the USB port and it backed up everything on my computer.For a computer dunce it couldn't have been easier.
You can get them elsewhere but I like QVC 30 day money back guarantee.
Sorry don't know about ITunes.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline maggieann

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »
I don't know about ITunes, but I've got a Clickfree hard drive - it's very easy to use.

I had the same problem - my laptop was full, but I had very little on it - I bought 'Wise Disc Utility' Professional 4 which helps free up hard disc space.  :D  
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline terwish

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »
You can set up i tunes to work with a remote hard drive - BUT you have to be totally consistent in making sure that the hard drive is connected to your PC before you access i tunes or it gets it's knickers in a twist whan it can't find it!

I set this up for my OH - by following through a "how to guide" I got by googling - Somthing similar to this if I remember rightly - it only took about 3 minutes

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive-2007/

ood luck
Trish

Offline dazla

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 06:04:29 PM »
ccleaner will get rid of a lot of the junk on your laptop (for Free)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

With regard to a drive, £50 will get you 1 Tb (1000gb).