Author Topic: Gypsy (our baby girl)  (Read 729 times)

Offline kayj

• Site Member
Gypsy (our baby girl)
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »
I joined this forum a couple of years ago when we took in a very cute adorable black Cocker in called Gypsy for help and advice. Gypsy was owned previously by a girl who got pregnant and decided that gypsy had to find a new home. We took her in to live with our already Labrador and two Springers but she fitted straight in and was a bossy little madam with them :D (they didn't mind at all). After a couple of weeks Gypsy did a very strange thing and actually bit me but she didn't know she had done it (we were puzzled to say the least as it was totally out of character for her). After a couple of months and some strange behaviour issues with Gypsy we decided to take her to the vets, so we could have a chat and see what we could do with her (rehoming or pts was not an option we would even consider, as we knew deep down she couldn't help it and we wanted to help her). We went through some tough times but wouldn't give up on her at all as she was just adorable and her good certainly outweighed the bad. Eventually Gypsy was put on tablets called Epiphen which helped her issues stabilise but we still had the odd one or two outbursts but nothing like we had previously.

Gypsy had to have regular blood tests to make sure her phenobarbetone levels and her liver were ok because of the epiphen which were always fine. 4weeks ago Gypsy's tummy bloated up and we took her to the vets where it showed her liver enzymes were slightly high but after 48hrs later her bloatedness went and Gypsy was back to her normal loving self except she was more clingy to me and wanted to be with me all the time. The week after she was taken in for all different tests and nothing major showed up until 2weeks ago when she bloated up again but this time she could hardly get up the step into the house and found it difficult sitting down. We took her to the vets immediately where scans, xrays and blood tests were done. Then the phonecall of all phonecalls I was dreading came and Gypsy had gone into full blown liver failure and was given days to weeks to live. we made the hardest decision but wanted to do right by our little girl and we put her to sleep :'( :'(.
She went to sleep in my arms as she would normally  :'(

She as left a great big hole in all our lives and the other dogs miss her terribly, she was only 6.5yrs old and still had alot of playing and cuddles to have. Just wish she got the chance to have longer.
Sleep tight baby girl, we will miss and love you forever. xxxxxxx
[img]