Author Topic: Site Problems ?  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Site Problems ?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 10:20:16 AM »
Think the server was down this morning Claire, for a bit - those blasted gremlins must have been on the ale last night ;)  

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Site Problems ?
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 11:18:32 AM »
The server was down this morning but very early on. It all seems ok now so not sure what is affecting your connnection Clare.

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Site Problems ?
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 01:06:42 PM »
I had problems with the site last night. Couldn't get on for ages and then it was running very slowly.  :(  Seems ok today though. I thought maybe last night there were too many people accessing the site but the counter said there were only 13 people online. :unsure:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Site Problems ?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 05:22:47 PM »
I had problems with the site last night. Couldn't get on for ages and then it was running very slowly.  :(  Seems ok today though. I thought maybe last night there were too many people accessing the site but the counter said there were only 13 people online. :unsure:
Me too - but it seems ok today  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Site Problems ?
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 07:46:21 PM »
Glad it wasn't just me Sue!!!  :lol:  :rolleyes:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Site Problems ?
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2004, 09:33:03 AM »
I seem fine today so far, but for the last few weeks ive been having problems getting on, also when i click onto the gallery, i keep getting the dreaded error page.  :blink:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Site Problems ?
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2004, 05:37:07 PM »
I've been trying to get on all afternoon today (was on fine this morning) and have been getting an error page - I have been able to surf the web OK though, so its not my ISP (our local cable company). Its not just the forum pages; I couldn't see any COL pages at all  :(

Hope you track down the gremlin soon  :lol:  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Site Problems ?
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2004, 08:39:26 AM »
It's a proper mystery as I was on for several hours yesterday afternoon with no problem, on the site and the forum and working on the server too.
The problem would appear to affect some members but not others at any given time.
We are hoping to move to a new server soon, hoping that this move will improve matters.

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Site Problems ?
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2004, 09:42:21 AM »

I haven't had any problems since my last post on this thread but I did have to re-set the site in my favourites - prior to that I found I could only access the site by clicking on a previously viewed page in "history". Would this mean it was a browser problem ?

I had the same trouble with the Gallery - I couldn't get on there at all for about 2 weeks. Mary sent me a link to it which I used to replace the existing one in my favourites and I haven't had a problem since.

I don't know if that would give a clue as to what the problem is.

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Site Problems ?
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2004, 10:35:03 AM »
I couldnt access the site using the IE browser last night - I tried using the AOL browser which I avoid like the plague, and it opened fine. So what IS going on!  :blink:  

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Site Problems ?
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2004, 04:10:51 PM »
I haven't had any problems since my last post on this thread but I did have to re-set the site in my favourites - prior to that I found I could only access the site by clicking on a previously viewed page in "history". Would this mean it was a browser problem ?

I had the same trouble with the Gallery - I couldn't get on there at all for about 2 weeks. Mary sent me a link to it which I used to replace the existing one in my favourites and I haven't had a problem since.

I don't know if that would give a clue as to what the problem is.
Do you use Internet Explorer Colin (Version ??)?

If so, that could explain your problems at least, sometimes it has terrible problems with corrupt caching and 'broken' cookies, also the forum uses to session ID's to know when you log in/out IE's way of handling these coupled with a dodgy cache may well cause problems as you describe.
Only solution would be to clear out the IE cache and delete all stored cookies.