Author Topic: End of season?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Betty

End of season?
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »
You may remember I posted as I was unsure as to whether Roxy was in season or not.  Well I eventually saw the signs and she had a bleed for about 8 days.  She then hasn't bleed since so it's been approx 10 days now without a bleed.  Today I have noticed a small amount of blood.  Could this be a split season or just the end and her body clearing itself out?  I will keep her on the lead for another week or so but just wanted to understand what is going on!

Offline Pip895

Re: End of season?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
Saffi had a discharge at the end of her season - it was very dark - not bright red blood though.  I understand that's normal.  Hopfully someone with more experience (i.e. more than one seasons worth)  ph34r :005: will be along shortly to give you more reassurance.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: End of season?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »
It sounds perfectly normal....usually the bleed tapers off after days 7 - 15 (ish) & changes to a watery pinky/yellow colour, which is when they are most fertile, after this the bleed returns for a few days although often not so much as the beginning.  The average season does last 21 days approx.  Just be aware she is still in season though.  ;)

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie