Author Topic: Solid Coloured Cockers...  (Read 2184 times)

Penel

Solid Coloured Cockers...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »
Same here - with Tilly - who is orange and white, undocked - that combination really confuses people - and as for Hattie my little working cocker, well most ppl think she is a dodgy springer cross !  :blink:   last week in the woods someone asked us if we had lost our very big grey and white spaniel (the English setter !)  :lol:  

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 06:35:20 PM »
   last week in the woods someone asked us if we had lost our very big grey and white spaniel (the English setter !)  :lol:
:lol:  :lol:

At least they got the species right!  That reminds me of a dog show I went to years ago with my mum.  She came running up to me laughing her socks off to tell me that she'd just seen someone walking a little lamb on a lead.  She'd never seen a Bedlington Terrier before  :lol:  :lol:

Sue and Tilly

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »
   last week in the woods someone asked us if we had lost our very big grey and white spaniel (the English setter !)  :lol:
:lol:  :lol:

At least they got the species right!  That reminds me of a dog show I went to years ago with my mum.  She came running up to me laughing her socks off to tell me that she'd just seen someone walking a little lamb on a lead.  She'd never seen a Bedlington Terrier before  :lol:  :lol:

Sue and Tilly
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol: !!

Sue H

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 07:44:39 PM »
When Barley was about 11-12 months old, she had the most gorgeous coat, and long blonde hair on her head - we went to a country show that late September near Cirencester and there were soo many people saying 'Ooooh an Afghan puppy'

She has remained a woolly-bear throughout her life, at at 9 and a half, and ready for another clip - well, if I put a little waistcoat on her, she would look just like an Ewok!!! The moon-boots - the fuzzy muzzle - the curly legs and tummy ...  all completely unlike Bramble, whose muzzle fur never grows (always smooth)(just his whiskers poinking out!!); the front of his legs are always smooth, with just ever-growing feathers behind; and he is always just frilly rather than curly ...

He washes out better than Barley, whose close curls seem to retain the  reminiscence of cow poo and dead hedgehog summat cruel !!!

Luv 'em!!

sweetie

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 11:33:18 PM »
maybe it,s because there doesn,t seem to be any solids round here that i,ve seen, that people say to me too,,,what breed are they??i do sometimes get a bit dissapointed cause i know how loved the breed is,and i feel very proud of them,,and i,m waiting for them to say,,what a lovely pair of cockers you have,,but alas no,,,,it,s,, what are they,,oh well you just have to carry on educating :lol:  :lol:  :P ;)