Author Topic: Wet food advice  (Read 429 times)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Wet food advice
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »
I am looking for some help and guidance on feeding wet food  :-\

Following barium meal scans due to excessive wind / bloat Jodie who will be 1 next week has to come off dry food & biscuits due to how she digest food nothing to do with an intolerance and she is to have a wet food diet sounds quite simple but I am not sure what I am really looking for in protein, oil levels etc.

I have been feeding dry kibble to my other dogs for years and I feel quite ok at what protein levels etc

Jodie has been having mixed with her Kibble Natures Harvest from Berties so now we have taken the dry food away and increased the amount of the Natures Harvest it is a complete diet but she does seem hungry and I suppose without the kibble I just unsure if she is getting enough or right things.

At the moment Jodie is not to go onto a raw diet not saying she cannot in the future so I am really after some guidance on what to look for in wet food either in tin or tray types
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Wet food advice
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
I give the dogs wet food a few times a week, I've fed Nature's Harvest before, I found it to be good and the dogs like it although I more often give them Nature Diet now as I can get it through work. The dogs love it, it comes in a good range of flavours and is relatively good value for money. There are occasionally issues with packaging but I've never had a problem sourcing it or had too many 'blown' packs. I've also tried the Nature's Menu pouches and the food has always seemed quite mushy in texture, plus there isn't as much in the pouch considering the price. Arden Grange, James Wellbeloved and Burns also do good wet foods but they're quite expensive.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/