Author Topic: Useless stud dog  (Read 14140 times)

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
Re: Useless stud dog
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
My boy is 2, he is very intrested in his mother when she is at her peak, but the 2 ladies he has had to mate he isn't, been told its because his uncle is top dog in the house, think the only way i'm going to get him intrested is too buy a bitch in, & let them become buds

My bichon boy is quite dominant but Zen tried it on with the bichon girls when he was nearby so I don't think it is a dominance thing....... Losing the will to live ph34r
Laelia Showdogs and Groomers

Offline louisedi

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
My two boys both tried it on with my bitch, I'm loosing all hope as well got a gay dog, think he loves me too much aswell, what has Monica said

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
Went back to the breeder who has suggested that I mate him to my own girl first and then he should be ok. :banana: She is speaking from experience. I will update in July

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 01:12:49 PM »
My Dylans first bitch was my own girl Callie and they were both maidens, but luckily he didn't hesitate, hope all goes well.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »
Thanks for all your interest a good wishes :bigarmhug:

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Went back to the breeder who has suggested that I mate him to my own girl first and then he should be ok. :banana: She is speaking from experience. I will update in July

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
Re: Useless stud dog .........updated
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
Oh well here we go again, another girl brought to him and once again....no interest, not even a sniff. Phoebe was more interested than him.  :o

Offline louisedi

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 05:56:52 AM »
Oh dear, hope your bitch soon comes in, I can't use my boy on anything I got here

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
Going to the vets tomorrow. Googled the problem, he may have a thyroid problem, if it fixable then great, if not he's dog food....(joke)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
What makes you think it may be a thyroid problem?

We had a boy quite a few years back, bought hopefully to use on my girls, but would he mate them or any other bitch?  Not a chance, we took him to a well known breeder/judge who had had many years experience with stud dogs, even she couldn't get him to mate, checked over by our vet, complete clean bill of health, so he was either gay or just not 'bovvered'  :005:  we had him neutered and he went to live with my mother-in-law by the seaside.

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 08:36:58 AM »
What makes you think it may be a thyroid problem?

Googled the problem and it was one of the suggestions as well as "give him a glass of wine and a cigarette" prats.........
Spoke to the vet this morning, he is going for a blood test later today, vet says it's possible.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
Not trying to be controversial here, I am not a breeder, but if a thyroid problem is diagnosed, will you still be using him for stud?

I am personally interested as Flo  is hypothyroid and I have recently discovered that one of her daughters also has this condition  :-\

Offline LynneB

• a pile of dogs
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
Not trying to be controversial here, I am not a breeder, but if a thyroid problem is diagnosed, will you still be using him for stud?

I am personally interested as Flo  is hypothyroid and I have recently discovered that one of her daughters also has this condition  :-\

Need to see what the vet says before I decide where to go from here. I will have to give hm some of my pills as I have an underactive thyroid :005:

Offline louisedi

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »
got some vigara to give him :005:

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »

I am personally interested as Flo  is hypothyroid and I have recently discovered that one of her daughters also has this condition  :-\

Need to see what the vet says before I decide where to go from here. I will have to give hm some of my pills as I have an underactive thyroid :005:

I hope your vet is doing a comprehensive test as this is the only test that shows antibodies. If he has antibodies (T3 aor T4) , then he should not be bred from as he would have autoimmune thyroiditis which is inheritable.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk