Author Topic: Orpheus - miniature Schnauzer  (Read 843 times)

Offline Abbi

Orpheus - miniature Schnauzer
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »

I met a lady on Friday who stopped me to ask if I could look out for her little 11 month old puppy who had escaped from a garden of a friend while she was on holiday, on Wednesday. I took her number in case I spotted him and advised her to contact Dog Lost and the dog warden and put up some posters. I couldn't stop worrying about him and a little while later I text her to see if there was any news. She said sadly no and that she didn't know the area. I offered to help her to put up posters locally where I knew dog walkers would see them. We met up and tried to cover as much ground as possible and I put out alerts on my face book and on P & T's Dog training facebook (Penelope)  and everyone said they would keep a look out. We went out again on Saturday and had 2 calls as a result of the posters to say that he had been seen, sadly both near the local motorway, London bound. We rushed to this area and hoped that he had gone down into the bushes at the side of the motorway as the police advised that they hadn't had any reports of a dog on the carriageway.
We then started to cover this area with posters and started again on Sunday and targeted several local stable yards and put posters everywhere we could.
Sadly we got news that someone might have seen an animal on the motorway slip road. We tried to get hold of the right people to check if an animal had been picked up and once again were told no so we carried on with our search. Later on Sunday the owner drove back along the motorway and stopped by a highways agency van and they confirmed that they had picked Orpheus up from the carriageway on Friday. He had crossed from the London bound carriageway and was found on the coast bound carriageway. His collar details weren't up to date and their microchip scanner wasn't working so couldn't let anyone know they had found him.

We did everything we could to try and find little Orpheus and although I never met him I feel I know him as I heard so much about him over the weekend, during our search. I had never met his owner before but we are going to stay in touch.

Run free now little Orpheus xxx