Author Topic: Kent Show - 15th July 2012  (Read 4713 times)

Offline 7733lily

Re: Kent Show - 15th July 2012
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
There is a restaurant with a car park less than half a mile up the road. that would be north on the A249 from Maidstone. Possibilities of parking there, but one a 'good' day it is usually full failry early
Also, there is White Horse Woods just opposite. it is £1.50 to park, but you would have to cross the A249 - not an easy task at all!! and quite dangerous!.

It finally stopped raining here about an hour ago, but there is still alot of surface and ground water around. Detling is like it's own little micro-climate!

the Kent show website now states the car park is limited tomorrow to members and pre-booked ticket holders only, so you may be ok! open at 8am, but closing at 4pm.

Take Wellies!!! and enjoy if you are going!

thanks for the info...looks like we maybe ok then as we already have tickets
fingers crossed there is no more rain tonight...although wellies are in the car ready and waiting!

Offline Goggins

• Donator
  • Princess "Freya" Trucker (dob:25/03/2011)
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 09:42:41 PM »
 :'( we didnt buy tickets...

;) Hope you have a lovely day out as its usually a great day out there!!
Carol owned and loved by Freya (my gorgeous cocker spaniel), Thor (boxer) and Merlin (border collie)

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 06:06:16 AM »
:'( we didnt buy tickets...

;) Hope you have a lovely day out as its usually a great day out there!!

oh no, what a shame  :'(
it would have been great to meet up
thanks, i'm sure there will still be lots to see....the wellies are packed ready  :rain:

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
Had a fab day at the kent show Sunday

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »
Glad you had a good day and that the weather was kind to you.

I was listening to Radio Kent at 8am yesterday and thought about you when they had a piece on the news about closing the carparks. Hopefully you didn't have too much trouble parking.

Great pictures.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
it was a great day at the Kent Show and the carpark they put us in was fine....it was a little muddy underfoot but not nearly as much as the day before at the Tendring show...we also had some sun so really glad we took the risk and went

Hopefully we will get to see some COLers at another show/meet sometime...its a shame no-one else could make this one  :'(

Offline debbiedaywalker

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »
it was a great day at the Kent Show and the carpark they put us in was fine....it was a little muddy underfoot but not nearly as much as the day before at the Tendring show...we also had some sun so really glad we took the risk and went

Hopefully we will get to see some COLers at another show/meet sometime...its a shame no-one else could make this one  :'(
I'm so glad the weather was kind to you, weren't you lucky? I saw on the news that they had to close the car parks on the Thursday because of flooding.
Hope to meet you and your boys' soon! x

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »
so pleased you could go, but the risk of getting stuck in their car parks (again!) put me off as I didnt have a ticket.
and the difference in weather from Sat to Sun was mad >:(

finally got the rest of my moat dug out though, I thought it was going to overflow on Sauturday :005:

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
we were very lucky debbiedaywalker...we weren't quite sure what to expect when we got there, but all turned out good in the end.  Hopefully we will get to meet up soon

glad you managed to get your moat sorted out dizzytrish  :005:....must say had we not already got tickets we may have thought twice about going, but hey in for a penny in for a pound