Author Topic: use of muzzles  (Read 530 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
use of muzzles
« on: October 12, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
two fellow dog walkers have fallen out as one dog has bitten the other twice now. (neither are cocker spaniels) i have suggested a trainer to the owner of the one who bite,  she has chosen to  muzzle him when the other dog is around. my pepper plays happily with them both but was very thrown this morning when the one dog had a muzzle on.the dog didn't like it and Pepper barked at him , went into play position , but didn't really know what to do. It's very upsetting for everyone. what do other people think about the use if muzzles?

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: use of muzzles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »
Provided the dog can pant, (Baskerville type),I think they're fine. At least there is now very little chance of any other dogs being bitten by this dog. The owner has been responsible I think. Even if she trains the dog, that won't be a quick fix.  It also takes the pressure off the owner having to be on constant high alert in case the other dog suddenly appears.  Dogs get used to them quite quickly.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Snoopy

Re: use of muzzles
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
I had to use one years ago with a border collie. He was fantastic in the house but outside he would change into the demon dog!

He got used to it very quickly, it wasn't so nice though when he poked his nose into places he really shouldn't have, and it had to wait until he got home for it to be washed. :020: