Author Topic: Luke at Springer Spaniel Rescue Scotland  (Read 733 times)

Offline Sasha B

• Donator
Luke at Springer Spaniel Rescue Scotland
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:05:37 PM »
I have been watching this wee chap for months. I would love to give him a home but by the looks of his needs I would not be suitable (hubby and I work full time) and the last thing I would want to do is make matters worse for him.

I'm so sad he is still showing as available I swear he is looking straight at me and begging for a good home. On the plus side he is in a foster home so not in kennels.

Luke is the 3rd dog down

http://springerrescuescotland.org/family_homes.php

Name: Luke
Sex: male
Ref No: 16000668
Good with dogs: yes
Good with cats: no
Good with Children: no
Breed: Working Cocker

Hi my name is Luke and I am 10 years young! Ever since my owner passed away a few yeas ago - I have found life to be quite difficult and I have never quite settled into family life as a result. I have therefore needed a prolonged period to adjust to my new family life. My foster mum says I do not look my age and I try not to act it however my body is beginning to tell me different - I have arthritis in my back legs that causes me to limp however do not be fooled - I do not let this get in the way of me enjoying the smells of the great outdoors and enjoying my walks. It certainly does not deter me from running up and down the stairs or jumping up to get lots of cuddles. I walk very well on a slip lead - which my foster mum says is very impressive for a spaniel! My recall is also good as I do not tend to go far but my foster mum calls me selectively deaf at times as if I get a good smell then these humans dont seem to understand that it needs to be investigated - but if I know you have a little treat for me then I will always come back! I get on well with my foster brother and any dogs that I meet out walking. I am looking for a very quiet home where I can relax, enjoy a leisurely pace of life and where someone is a round most of the time. I also need someone with a little time, patience and understanding to allow me to settle into my new forever home - as I do find it all very new and a little stressful. Could you make me your companion?

For more details contact: westlothian@springerrescuescotland.org

Take a peek.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Re: Luke at Springer Spaniel Rescue Scotland
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:08:54 PM »
Aaaw he is so lovely, I can see why he is pulling at your heartstrings.  I am quite choked at how many beautiful dogs are available for re-homing on their site.  Its so sad to see all these lovely doggies in need of loving forever homes.