Author Topic: Puka 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears  (Read 2764 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Puka 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:02:01 PM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=14113

20-08-2015 Puka is a 6 year old ex-breeding Cocker Spaniel girl. Puka is a sweet but nervous girl who is bewildered at the moment and we don't think she has ever left the place she was born so this is all very new to her. Puka is an absolute beginner on the lead but she is trying so hard and she will need help to learn about house training. This very gentle little girl will need another dog or dogs in the home and some one who understands her needs.  We are looking for a home where any children are older and understand she will need time to settle. Things like the TV washing machine and hoover will probably scare her at first and her new owners will need to give her time and space to come round to them. Once she does she will thank you a hundred times over. Please read our ex-breeding information and fill in an adoption.   This sweet girl will blossom in time with love and TLC - a special girl for a special home.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
Re: Puka 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:29:21 AM »
Oh gosh, she beautiful. Wish I had space
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »
She is a beauty :luv: she really does deserve a very special home  ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:29 PM »
Hi - I'm Puka's foster mum!

She is called Pippa here and I'm also fostering Buttercup the blind cocker.

Both girls are little darlings :luv:

Pippa looks black in the website photos but she is infact a lovely chocolatey roan and a petite girlie too.

Her little tail wags furiously and she follows me everywhere. She can also climb stairs, chew flip flops and steal pyjamas so has plenty of character!

She's having a makeover on Friday so I will try and post some better photos then.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 10:08:41 PM »
She looks adorable in the new pics....and does sound like a little cheeky monkey but sweet with it.
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 11:07:33 AM »
just seen the picture of her om MT she is the most beautiful dog  :luv:
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

2/9/15 Puka is called Pippa here and is showing encouraging signs of having an inner cheeky monkey! Her little tail wags furiously all the time, reminding me of a humming bird hovering in front of a flower. She follows me everywhere, has already learnt to climb stairs and runs off delightedly with my shoes and clothes! Yesterday she managed to paw open my sliding wardrobe door and scooted off downstairs with my shoe in her mouth, looking very pleased with herself.
She is a petite girl and a beautiful chocolate roan colour, who just wants to be close to you all the time and adores a gentle cuddle and fuss. She wouldn’t cope well with being left for long periods so her perfect new family would have someone at home most of the day and with a gentle, similar sized dog to be her new best friend and be a good role model.
Her house training is going really well and she has been clean and dry overnight too for the last two nights. She is definitely a bright spark and will make a really lovely addition to a kind family who will be patient and gentle with her. Come and meet her – you’ll find her impossible to resist!

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »
09-09-15 UPDATE
.....I can't believe that this beautiful little girl hasn't been inundated with applications. Not that I am complaining as she is a delight to foster! She has so much love to give and her cheeky little personality is emerging more and more.
.....As a petite girl only weighing around 8.5 kgs, Puka would love a calm friend of a similar size or smaller to share her new home with and learn from. She is quite intimidated by our resident lab so I feel she would find big dogs too much to live with.
.....Puka continues to make good progress with her house training and has also started short walks up and down the road on her soft harness, trotting along beautifully or stopping to stare in amazement at something she has never seen before! She takes her turn politely at treat time and is very partial to a sardine with her breakfast. She now sleeps downstairs in the lounge at night time curled up with our other cocker foster, albeit with a soft lamp on and Smooth Radio for company! This gorgeous little girl so deserves her forever home and to be loved and doted on for the rest of her life. Let's not keep her waiting too much longer.

Offline revis

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
She looks so sweet and gentle if only I could manage another one! Surely she will have a lovely home very soon.

Offline Nalaviolet

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:19:14 PM »
Puka is now reserved subject to home check and a successful meet and greet  :D