Author Topic: how excited does your cocker get?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Mrs B

• Butter wouldn't melt!!!
Re: how excited does your cocker get?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »
I am so glad that other cockers get as excited as our Cinders does!!!!  She practically goes mad everytime some comes to the house wanting to say hello and make friends!!  She absolutely loves sitting with Mark (hubby) - or rather on Mark's head - kissing him to death.

Neither of us can go anywhere without her wanting to investigate what's going on.  And if any of us go into the kitchen she thinks she is going to be fed (even if she has just been fed she always wants more).

When I take her out for walks along the canal she is on a mission to say hello and be friends with everyone we meet - I sometimes worry in case there are people out for a wander along the canal who are scared of dogs and she goes bounding over to say hello!!!!! 

But like others say I absolutely love how excited she gets, how nosey she can be (even if it does annoy me sometimes), how clever and alert she is and that her entire back end wags when she sees me - pure love!!!!!!  I can't imagine live without her!!!!!!

Love ya baby girl!!!  xxxxxx
Mrs B & Cinders xx

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
You've met mine, nuff said  ph34r  :005:

Offline WAC

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »
Barney can be calm but has his moments, one of them being when we arrive home from the walk. He's excited when we are going for a walk but takes excitement to a whole new level on our arrival home! He tears around the house, grabbing his bed, a shoe, a towel enroute, squeaking. My daughter is sure he'll one day explode with excitement! Another 'moment' is when I am taking the laundry out of the linen basket to wash. He tries to pull it out of my arms and one day got hold of a king-size duvet cover, tried to drag it downstairs, got himself tangled up in it and ended up rolling down the stairs. My previous cocker was 19 when he died and could still muster up a tiny bit of the cocker enthusiasm for life; it never goes away.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 06:36:09 PM »
SUE!

you have a cocker spaniel :rofl1:

Exactly what i was going to say and a damn cute one at that!

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline doughy

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
Mine are pretty calm until you get their leads then they go mad crying, barking totally crazy ! It drives me nuts so I try the sneakey approach try and get 2 out of the kitchen for their walk while the others are in the conservatory having a chewy !

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »
Thanks for all your lovely replies folks  :luv:

As some of you know, my friend recently moved into a brand new flat and hasn't got flooring fitted yet, its concrete floors and the dust is awful. Being a man, he hasn't realised that a quick mop over will settle some of the dust, but meanwhile, Chloe has a new pad to visit...major excitement  :005: She charges up the stairs and runs about the flat like its some kind of assault course. Ive managed to persuade her she isn't allowed on the coffee table, or the shelf unit  >:( :lol2: but as she charges around the place exploring, she causes a dust storm and me and pal land up coughing our heads off, as we're both slightly asthmatic and dust is a real no-no! Off to buy a bucket and mop and help said friend  clean his floor! The poor guy has dusty paw prints all over his sofa and chairs! (Having said that, he encourages her, so what can I do  :dunno: :011:)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 07:54:15 AM »
doG I love my woofits!!!! :luv: :luv:

Offline nicros

• Jake and Jess
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
My dog Jake gets more excited going to the log shed with me than I would be if you told me Johnny Depp was joining me in a bath full of cream cakes for the afternoon  :luv: >:D 9Well maybe not THAT excited!)

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »
I'm not liking his new look, he looks well.....................dirty! ph34r :005: (Johnny Depp that is! :005:)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 08:16:55 AM »
SUE!

you have a cocker spaniel :rofl1:

If Jarvis didn't sometimes have a mad moment I would think he'd changed breeds :rofl1:  If he were perfect with every phezzie we'd see and I didn't have to use a whistle it wouldn't be Jarvis. If he didn't look up at me with his whole back half wagging and his eyes shining with excitement  it wouldn't be Jarv.  If he didn't have days when the stop whistle means to him 'slow down to a wandering stroll in your own time" it wouldn't be my lad.  If he didn't sometimes decorate my white bedding with brown mud then it wouldn't be my boy. If he didn't jump up at those he loves and smother them with kisses then it ain't my brown dog.

(but he did calm down a lot from 12 months through to 3 years, and now when I speak to someone on the street and look down to see him sitting quietly waiting I wonder where my pupster has gone to  :luv: )

Partly training, partly maturity  :luv:  and enjoy the minxiness ride  :luv: :luv: :luv:

(do you WANT to train her cockerness out of her?)

:lol2: :lol2:

That made me laugh :005:

In answer to your question Sue, yes I do have a relatively calm cocker. He'll keep up with Normy and run for 2 hours flat when we're out but he's pretty chilled in the house. But that's this cocker and he's a funny little soul :luv: However, my last cocker was never calm EVER. I couldn't move (ever) without him jumping out of his skin and wagging his entire body to find out what was happening 'I'm only making a frickin' cuppa Trev' didn't deter him. If I tried to leave without him he screamed the place down... if I left him in the car whilst I nipped to do something he'd press his entire head so firmly against the window watching for me to come back, I wondered how it never broke. If I was talking to someone he'd be shaking with excitement on the end of the lead and squeaking slightly desperately hoping he was about to get some attention and it NEVER lessened... even to the year I lost him when he was six :005:. He HAD to get through every door first, HAD to run up or down the stairs at high speed EVERY time, HAD to charge up the garden like his life depended on it EVERY TIME he went out and HAD to love everyone to death all day long and all night long given the opportunity. He clearly felt it was better to live life like a rock and roll star and burn out rather than fade away..... and I think that should probably be in the KC cocker breed standard :lol2:

I do sympathise though because it is blurry irritating at times and sometimes I'm secretly pleased that I have a slightly unusual cocker these days  :lol2: :005: :luv: :luv:

Aw that made me cry a little bit  :luv: :luv:.

And Sue Millies gets VERY excited  :005:. When we go to visit Mum, Dad and Charlie I can just about get both the dogs to sit while I take Millies lead off and then its like the grand prix round the house   :lol2:.

Millie

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »
Tiff has plenty of cocker 'joi de vie' (sp?)  :005: woofs and howls & spins in circles every walkies time.  And while I'm trying to get sox & boots on she's trying to get on my lap  ::) and she stands up on her back legs, waving her front paws about when she's excited.  Woofs at the top of the stairs if I'm not behind her with her nite time gravy bone  :005: :005: She's always wiggling and wagging between zzzzzzz

Absolutely  :luv: :luv: her to pieces.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
Waggy from waist to tail :005:, wall of death around the lounge, gobby, bird obcessed, visitor snogging, bed sleeping (and mud paddling) fantastic little brown dynamo that is Woody. Seriously he does his KC gold good citizens on Tuesday and has suddenly decided that the down stay is NOT part of his curriculum and he just will not stay put for 2 whole mins, even though he was doing 5 plus mins but that was so last week.

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
I have one like Tiff!  Thankfully t'other is calmer.  Going for a walk Teal sits like a little brick with a fur jacket on, waiting for me to put my gear on and get leads out, doing my boots up she still sits there (always been like that, haven't taught her :luv:); meanwhile Willow is literally running rings round us (well, figure of 8, round me then round Teal).  She squeals when we get out, then settles, squeals if she thinks we may call in at Mum & Dads aaargh.. squeals in the car.  When she's loose she gives the collies a good run for their money (Teal stays with me :angel:); if any of the dogs get in her way she jumps over them as she's running that fast...I could go on but I'm exhausting myself..and she never seems to tire (well perhaps an hours sleep then off again).

But don't you just love 'em?      

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
Right....today was just beyond the pail  >:( :005:

Today, she literally hurled herself off the ground and jumped into the arms of a complete stranger, and proceeded to smother him with kisses. She even managed to wrap herself around his neck  ph34r ph34r ph34r  I was mortified; I mean I know she can be a bit over exuberant in her greetings, but I've never known her do more than an enthusiastic "jump up" before, not with strangers anyway!

Despite my profuse apologies,  the very kind gentleman, whose beige sporting trousers (and every other bit of attire) were plastered in mud by this time, didn't seem to mind at all. His 3 year old blue roan was walking beautifully calm and contented beside him and he graciously said he totally understood, and that's what cockers do  :huh: :shades: :005:

I'm starting to have nightmares about how my 80 year old parents are gonna cope with her next weekend  :huh: :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 09:34:54 PM »
OMG I know you were probably after sympathy but the images of her hurling hurself at the neck of a total stranger has me in fits  :005: :005: :005: :005:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)