Author Topic: William's had surgery -updated with results page 3  (Read 11789 times)

Offline Liz F

• Donator
Re: William's had surgery
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
Elaine, just  seen this  :doh: hope William is feeling better, Diesel is still on Meloxidyl  (over 3 weeks now) and it seems to knock him out about an hour after ?? Hope that William and you have a better night and he's back to his normal self soon. 

It's awful when they are poorly, know it's easier said than done but try not to worry  :luv:
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: positive thoughts  :luv: Liz, Diesel & Olli

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
Just wondering how William is this morning, hope you both had a better night and his tummy has settled a bit. It's horrible seeing them so knocked up isn't it, but fingers crossed he will be back to normal today  :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 07:00:18 PM »
Popped by for an update, hope William, and you, have had a better day today.

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
Hope William is feeling better today  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
William is a lot better today, thank goodness. He hasn't needed any further pain relief so hasn't had any Meloxidyl since Saturday morning and with the help of some Prokolin, scrambled egg, chicken and rice his digestive system is now back to normal.

I got up once during last night because I thought I could hear him fidgeting about and wanting to go out, but it was just Louis moving from one of his beds to the other and re-organising his bedding :lol2:. Will was fast asleep, but I woke him up and put both of them outside for a couple of minutes just in case, but I needn't have bothered really.

This afternoon he's been helping (if that's the right word >:() in the garden and making a nuisance of himself by doing suicidal dashes in front of the lawnmower. It's nice to see that he's feeling lively again :luv:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »
Great news, glad William is more like himself. X

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »
So pleased to read your update, hope it's all behind him now  :luv:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »
So pleased William is feeling better   :bigarmhug:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »
Sorry, only just seen this. Poor William going through all that but very happy to hear he's feeling a lot better  :bigarmhug:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 07:06:51 PM »
That is good to read, so glad he's feeling better :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »

Just seen this... (don't get to check everything very often these days).

Glad to hear he's recovering well.  :luv:
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: William's had surgery -updated with results page 3
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 05:04:26 PM »
The vet has phoned with the results about the lump on William's tongue. It was a type of cancer called a Plasmacytoma, which surprised me slightly because both vets that had seen it thought it more likely to be benign.

However, the good news is that the vet has told me not to worry because it was caught early so is very unlikely to have spread, and he removed a large enough area around it to be as sure as he can be that he removed all of it. He sounded very positive, and I know him well enough (and he knows me well enough) for me to be sure that when he told me not to worry he wasn't just saying that to reassure me.

I'd much rather it wasn't cancer of course, but I feel very lucky that I noticed it when I did and while it was still so small.

So I'm hoping that it's now gone for good and never returns. I'll check William's tongue every few weeks or so from now on, just to be on the safe side, and whenever I take him to the vet for anything I'll get them to check too.

Will is absolutely back to normal now, but very bored because I haven't been taking him on his daily New Forest walks because of the stitches in his tongue. He loves nothing more than picking up sticks and carrying them round, sometimes chewing them too, and I don't think that's wise while his tongue is still healing.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 05:07:16 PM »
That is definitely a surprising result, I am glad you caught it when you did, and you do know your vet well enough to be confident in his opinion  Glad William is well enough to be bored, that is a good sign!! 

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »
So pleased that you noticed early  :013: and that your vet is confident it's all been removed.  Won't be long till stitches are removed and William can get back to stick carrying/chewing  :005:  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »
What a good job you spotted it!

Sorry to hear it is nasty, but glad they are confident they got it early and it won't be a problem again.

Phew  :o
Julie and Watson