Author Topic: Deaf old lady  (Read 2035 times)

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Deaf old lady
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:40:03 PM »
Had to laugh to myself tonight. came to the garden gate just as Poppy had turned away from it. I came through the gate and walked up the path right behind her. As she walked past the back door I opened it and went in, she carried on up the path.  Had an idea she had become deaf, tonight really has confirmed it.  When I opened the door to get her in, bless her she looked so surprised to see me in the  house as she had watched me go out this morning  :luv:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: Deaf old lady
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
I can relate to that, it made me laugh  :luv:
Isn't their face a picture when they suddenly see you, as they have not heard you arrive, surprise and joy are rolled up into a cocker wiggle greeting  :005:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:53:49 AM »
Bless her. It is quite sad when we realise our furry friends are getting old isn't it. Our lab Lizzy went grey and we didn't really notice until we saw old photos of her, then it hits you that they're getting on a bit. She is at least still very happy to see you even if she can't hear you as much now  :luv:

Offline zenon_bass

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
Millie is much the same, too! There are some very quiet single track dead end lanes near me where I let her off lead. Very occasionally a car comes along and I have to stand in its way, waiting for her to look at me so I can show her the 'Come!' signal.  Drivers are generally tolerant when I tell them she's deaf.
Millie gives me a smile when she sees me after I've been 'lost' as well. Ears and eyes relax after the furrowed brow worry look.

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »
Ah bless her , my elderly spaniel moss became very deaf in her final years . I used to come in the door , my terrier Josie would be leaping about and barking with excitement and moss would still be fast asleep and snoring in her bed .I'd put the kettle on and potter about and eventually would gently wake moss up to check she was okay . The look on her face used to be a mixture of happiness and surprise  :005: :luv:

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 08:13:58 PM »
William has become almost completely deaf over the last few months. He looks so surprised when I wake him up in the morning or when I come in after being out for a while :luv: