Author Topic: More surgery for William tomorrow  (Read 11190 times)

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
Re: More surgery for William tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »
So pleased the surgery went well, hope you both manage to get some sleep tonight.  :bigarmhug:

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »
Glad that is over and went well.  Hope you both have a restful night.  :bigarmhug:

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »
Sending William best wishes for a speedy recovery xx

Offline EmmaRose

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »
Pleased to hear everything went well today - wishing William a speedy recovery   :bigarmhug:
Emma, Pippa & Rory x

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »
Get well soon William.  :bigarmhug:

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 11:32:32 PM »
Hope William has a settled and comfortable night.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 09:17:51 AM »
We had a bit of a rough night. He loathes wearing the cone of shame so I leave it off as much as possible, but I have to watch him like a hawk because he keeps licking the stitches in his groin. He slept on my bed last night, complete with the cone, and whined a lot. I find that really upsetting, especially when I'm not sure if it's the cone or pain from the wound and stitches in his groin. It's not his eye or gum as he doesn't seem to have noticed anything has been done to either!

This morning he's had the cone off for a couple of hours, no whining, but it's now back on because I need to be doing things apart from just watching him. So the whining has started again. I can't give him any more Meloxidyl until about lunchtime but I've been giving him homeopathic arnica, hypericum and opium to help with any bruising and to help with calmness and pain relief. The vet who does his acupuncture also does homeopathy and she gave me some advice last night.

On the positive side he's eating, peeing and pooping normally. He hasn't had a drink yet, but I've been drowning his scrambled egg in warm water to keep him hydrated!

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
Poor William :016: Would he be more comfortable with a comfy collar, i know George was so much more comfortable with one of these and was able to walk, sleep and eat with it. with the cone of shame, he would just stand there, depressed and not moving an inch. I hope he continues to make good progress :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 09:30:32 AM »
Sending William best wishes and get well soon.  Hope he settles today and feel more comfortable.

Erica, Dylan and Jessie.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
Poor William :016: Would he be more comfortable with a comfy collar, i know George was so much more comfortable with one of these and was able to walk, sleep and eat with it. with the cone of shame, he would just stand there, depressed and not moving an inch. I hope he continues to make good progress :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx

He has a comfy cone, which is padded, but I know that the comfy collar isn't enough to stop him being able to lick his groin. For an old dog with back problems he's surprisingly flexible! Thanks for the suggestion though :D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
Glad he is ok. Can you get him a babygro with legs and put on back to front so he can't lick?
Julie and Watson

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
Glad he is ok. Can you get him a babygro with legs and put on back to front so he can't lick?

If he's still worrying about the cone tomorrow I might give that a try. I'll have to guess the size though, unless anyone on here has used one and can help. William is a show type, just under 16" at the shoulder and weighs 14.2kg. So for those familiar with show types as seen in the show ring, that's him in terms of size and overall build, but probably a little bit slimmer than many show dogs.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
Coco is about 13 kg and she had one for an 18 month old baby - £1 in the charity shop  :D

So, I would suggest 18-24 months for William - you can cut it to fit if you need to.  Make sure it has fasteners up the front - hers has poppers!  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »
Coco is about 13 kg and she had one for an 18 month old baby - £1 in the charity shop  :D

So, I would suggest 18-24 months for William - you can cut it to fit if you need to.  Make sure it has fasteners up the front - hers has poppers!  ;)

Thanks Joules :D. I've got to go into Romsey tomorrow so will see if I can find one. Will is a bit bigger than Coco as far as I can remember from when they met a couple of years ago.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
 I can't quite imagine the distinguished William in a babygrow  :005:
Hope you both manage a better night, and he is feeling better tomorrow. I know Ben was knocked up for a few days after his ga for his dental work.