Author Topic: TD Scentworks  (Read 5257 times)

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
TD Scentworks
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:32:40 AM »
I'm signed up to do the TD Scentworks class next month with Big-Brain-Bonkers-Bonnie, very excited!

Anyone done this already- got any hints and tips?

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: TD Scentworks
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
Where are you doing it?  And who with?

Coco and I have done the first 2 with Pam (the founder of TD) and it was fab.  Coco had a great time, she picked it up very fast, was focussed and loved doing the searches.  :luv:  Brilliant fun - it was a long day and exhausting for us both though  :o  Lots of things you can learn to use back at home - we often do searches out on walks or around the garden.

No real tips, apart from have a great time.  Only thing is, there is quite a bit of time waiting for your turn, so a mat or rug for your dog to settle on is a good idea.  Coco wanted to shout advice to the dogs who were having their go - she was soooo excited she could hardly wait to have her turn  :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:58:53 PM »
We're going to the Edinburgh session at the beginning of next month, both 1 and 2 on the Saturday and Sunday. Really looking forward to it. Might need to practise 'settle' then!

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
I have done all 6 TD Scentwork workshops with Poppy, and became one of the first accredited handlers in 2012.
Spot us here http://www.talkingdogsscentwork.co.uk/Talking_Dogs_Scentwork/S6_Accredited_Handlers.html

My tip would be to watch the other handlers and dogs when they are working, see what they do, how their dog works, how they indicate.  It will then help you observe your dog when you are working together.

Poppy absolutely loves it and, if you watch carefully, you will see her (and me) there ;)

Enjoy  :D
Janet & Poppy

Offline BonnieScot

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:56 PM »
Did you both find it made your relationship stronger? I love playing find-it games with Bonnie already, so will be brilliant to have a structure to work with.

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 10:02:43 PM »
Sorry not to respond sooner - Scentwork was and is brilliant for our relationship, we both love working together and have made some great friends through it too  :D

Have you done your workshops yet?
Did you enjoy them?
Janet & Poppy